• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bringing 1993 Patch back from the dead...

Goodbye Christine, Hello Chuckie?

Going to have to treat my next Military Surplus 6.2 Engine for PTSD and survivor guilt!

pinh.jpg

--->

Hr3-pinhead2.png

The character's past, which is alluded to in Hellbound, is expanded upon in Hell on Earth. It is revealed that Pinhead originated as Elliott Spencer, a captain in the British Expeditionary Force suffering from PTSD and survivor guilt.

Couple of studs were very stiff to remove and a couple were near loose on this side. One has to add some twist to the bottom nut to keep them from just coming loose.

IMG_20181129_220111888.jpg

Then have to separate the locked up nuts. Why yes, there are 6.5 parts labeled and resting on a shelf somewhere.

IMG_20181129_220308065.jpg

Done.

IMG_20181129_223252340.jpg

New parts starting to arrive. Yes, the good stuff comes in baggies...

Happy to see a 1 piece oil control ring rather than a split rail PIA to install the last Total Set had.

IMG_20181130_221920274.jpg

New parts starting to arrive. Yes, the good stuff comes in baggies...

Happy to see a 1 piece oil control ring rather than a split rail PIA to install the last Total Set had.
Can You snap and post a pic of that oil ring, just for clarification, I never ever did see a one piece unit before. LOL

Still had an OE filter and not a remote one? Talk about a gnasty PITA oil change . . .

It was mentioned elsewhere that the camshaft looked like it got hot as the photos show more blue than in person. Given the "well done" cooked pistons I may have been overheating the engine oil. Really hot engine oil and hoses out here don't mix as the fing hoses fail. Even the aftermarket oil cooler on the Duramax ruined hoses. So for less hoses to fail I will deal with nasty oil changes. (I don't have an oil sample since I pinned the timing advance so this may have just happened.)

Man, you are right... I have done weekly (2x weekly some weeks) oil changes at 2AM in the street at one point and yes the front driveshaft u-joint is well oiled. 5 Gal pails was as large as I wanted to handle.

So now is the time to look at better hoses for the engine oil cooler and transmission oil cooler. I was already looking at silicone hoses for the turbo drain.

At some point a higher grade oil should be considered, one that can hold up to harder abuse & temps without breaking down as fast..

I have found the high temp hydraulic hose made for motor oil works best and always use the crimp fittings and NOT the "make your own" fittings...

Might also consider dual oil coolers, and with the new motor you should use a new cooler anyways, it would be a good time to a dual cooler and new lines, add header wrap to the mannies, crossover, downpipe, this would slow the under hood temps a good bit...

Main cracks #2 oil and #4 both sides shown as #3 was not playing nice with the camera:

DSCN6017.JPG
DSCN6019.JPG
DSCN6020.JPG
DSCN6023.JPG

Back