• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bringing 1993 Patch back from the dead...

Not sure about oversize lifters, I know the lifter bores can be sleeved and resized, my bet would be the lifter bores are bad out of round, as well as all the other's..

I think the days of finding a decent used motor are gone sad to say...

What's the date code on that engine? Mostly curious about the bearings. The lifter wear.....WOW.

My first 2 engines were out of CUCV's. These two were out of HMMWV's. Date of both engines appear to be 1990.

My first 2 engines were out of CUCV's. These two were out of HMMWV's. Date of both engines appear to be 1990.
Damn. And I thought the cam bearing problem was a newer problem. I suppose it makes sense that an HMMWV unit is going to have been used harder than a CUCV.

Sooooo.....what’s next?

Sooooo.....what’s next?

Complete Part Out.

So close and so far to running a Moose and diamond precups. But, this is the final straw of having good heads and NOTHING TO BOLT THEM UP TO. Some medical problems complicate it and...

The "NEW" R4 compressor started leaking bad out of the body oring just sitting still in a garage. So much for the local parts store Red China knock off under the Murray name. Not even 3000 miles on it. I grow tired of bad parts.

R4_goes_pop.jpg

And just a year old.

Last edited:
Back