• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Brand new release of our METRUM ROD FSU !!!!!!!!!!!!

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
I am very excited to announce another first realease from www.pmdcable.com of what we are calling the "METRUM ROD FUEL SENDING UNIT" or (MRFSU). It is a giant improvement over the factory fuel sending unit. We have been working on this for over a year and are ready for market now.
FYI: METRUM is the latin word for MEASSURE.
We have been using the MRFSU in three trucks, two of them for over a year and have not experience a single problem. With the MRFSU the gauge reads more linear across the range of the gauge. The stock FSU (on 34 gal tanks) reads about 1/2 at 300 miles and then empty within 125 more miles.
The MRFSU has a 100% stainless steel housing, the electronics are completely sealed off from the fuel, it is basicaly a plug and play (Some minor modification needed on fuel pick up), plugs into factory harness. It installs inplace of the stock wire pass through on your original fuel pick up.
The original FSU is a know problem on our trucks and are prone to fail every couple years. The cost for an original style FSU range from $80 -$150.
If your gauge bounces, pegs way past full or just does not work anymore then the likely problem is the FSU.
Our new MRFSU is a much better alternative. Lifetime transferable warranty and we are offering it for a limited time for $109.99 + shipping via usps priority mail.
Below are the instructions and pictures of the MRFSU.

View attachment FSU_Instructions_2010_1209.pdfMRFSU_Length_01.jpgMRFSU_Length_02.jpgMRFSU_Length_03.jpg

It is about time someone offered a better automotive fuel level sensor. They have offered better units on boats and aftermarket tanks for years!

I take my hat off to you for manning up and making this happen. Doing something GM is too damn cheap to do!

Tested or approved for B99, Biodiesel, at all? (I know our lift pumps are not.)

Hey thanks, Yes we have tested them with diesel, BioD, striaght veg oil and gasoline even water. Works great And built to last in all the listed fuels. We have not tested in E85.

WW got your call today, but your # is buried in the caller ID. Anyway yes it works on the 24 short bed, 34 long bed and 42 gallon Suburban tanks.

i dont expect an immediate response (low on cash) but i was wondering if these would be adaptable to older tank setups, like the 31 gallon tank in my 83 k5?

If not im gonna stick with what i got :D

Should be, just need to know what length you want. You can messure your FSU or one from an auto parts store.

Awesome! The inaccuracy of my gauge gas gotten me into trouble, it needs replacing anyway....but this would be amazing. How much does it cost for one made with custom length?

Thanks for the reply, I gotta wait until the brutal arctic winter is over to start doing anything with this thing now...but thanks for the information, as I will use to make a few purchases in the future.

Good deal Leroy. Still needing one for the dump truck soon.. (PM) ...and very likely the '93 after the sender finally conks out after I preformed a band-aid fix on it there a while back..

Did the price on these go up as I see your website says $129?

Yes, The initial buy was a better price. My cost went up since then. Was told the price of metals are going up and the sunami in Japan affected the price of the electronics.
DAMN! Something else I am going to "need" to do!

Your going to hate me then. I have a couple other things coming soon.

How did I miss this for a year?

I didn't see the Metrum Rod FSU on the website. Can you post a link to it?

I need a sending unit for the Tahoe. I should be physically able to do the job soon.

And don't keep us in suspense on the coming attractions.

Back