• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Brand new release of our METRUM ROD FSU !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

A couple of questions,

What do you do for a tank sock?

I thought I saw a picture of one with OEM style lines. Did some body do some rework to make it compatible with the OEM lines?

How does one hook this up to OEM lines? My lines were good the last time I checked. But it's been a while. Quite a while.

Hey, look at post #1 click on the text down by the pictures it has the installation directions there and more pictures that should clear it up. LMK if you have more ??

Remove tank sock and throw it away. Do not replace it. Buy the filter head and filter he has on his site and put it pre lift pump. You may have to cut some of the tank vent tube off the pickup assembly. You remove the factory fuel sensor from the pickup assy and put the rod on it.

Careful as the wire length supplied is on the too short side so you hook it up last after install and unhook it first before removing the tank.

It is an awesome unit vs. the factory junk. It has survived the fuel mess I have had...

Hi Leroy, looking at your website has a download pdf option for the install manual but it doesn't seem to work.

My gauge is still working, but like everyone else's it dives for empty like there's a 6 inch hole in the side of the tank after it's hits the "half" mark.

I'd like to review the install instructions so I know what I'm in for.....is it possible to download them before a purchase?

Hi Leroy, looking at your website has a download pdf option for the install manual but it doesn't seem to work.

My gauge is still working, but like everyone else's it dives for empty like there's a 6 inch hole in the side of the tank after it's hits the "half" mark.

I'd like to review the install instructions so I know what I'm in for.....is it possible to download them before a purchase?

By all means you can check it out. Just click the text in post #1. It's alittle hard to see, but its right above the first picture. If it won't load PM me your email address an I'll email a copy.

Do you still have these? My stock guage is just about done for, and I don't see it listed on your site anymore. It would be for a 42 gallon BURB tank.

I do, but Im building them as ordered, and I need to know what length you need. I've been having problems with alot of tanks especially on trucks not having a uniform depth.
I can also just build you one simi finished and you can cut it to the length you need.

I do, but Im building them as ordered, and I need to know what length you need. I've been having problems with alot of tanks especially on trucks not having a uniform depth.
I can also just build you one simi finished and you can cut it to the length you need.

If you could PM me a price for one semi finished that would be great. I need to get a guage that works as this one is jumping for the most part now.

Next spring i need to remove my bed for some anti rust maintenance, last week i dropped my tank to replace the cross member and my sending unit looks like a crusty octopus. Going to replace it when the box comes off and i want to put one of these in it. My gauges sucks! Bounces, reads way over full and the last half tank goes by in seconds.

You will need to sorce a rust free fuel pick up because you reuse that portion. Seems like someone that has replaced theirs for an aftermarket type would give you their old one?? as its trash to them now.

You will need to sorce a rust free fuel pick up because you reuse that portion. Seems like someone that has replaced theirs for an aftermarket type would give you their old one?? as its trash to them now.

Yeah, i looked at the pictures and figured the rod was a bolt on to the stock sending unit. I guess i didn't know there was an aftermarket sending unit available?

Back