• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Brand new release of our METRUM ROD FSU !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep any auto parts can get one, BUT it will have the wrong sock on it, and the stock sock won't fit the aftermarket sending unit. If going aftermarket you should IMO remove the sock and install a screw on type filter http://leroydiesel.com/Fuel_Delivery.html (scroll down three items)

X2 - no reason to have a screen or filter in the tank - unless you want to drop the tank to clean the filter. Sometimes the crud or bad fuel requires you to drop the tank and replace it or clean it out. But a external filter can limp you along a few days with a problem tank.

received it this week, hopefully in the next month or so I will have it low enough to drop the tank and install it. Dang 42 gallon tank was full when I ordered it, and it takes a LONG time to empty it out.

Would this work on an 04' Tahoe...When the fuel gauge says Empty it will only take 18 gallons for a 26 gal. tank...

so obviously something isn't quite right...

The new style sender works on a different resistance scale(I believe it is 40 empty and 250 full VS the 0 empty and 90 full of the older ones). You could rescale it in EFILIVE and make it work that way, but you would have to take an empty tank and add in say 5 gallons at a time till it's full taking voltage readings at each point, and then make a graph of it to put into the ECM file for the sender voltage. Also GM had some software improvements for guage accuracy here awhile back, so if it isn't up to date on factory flashes it may need a flash to correct it. I know Fay's PONTIAC was reading off, but after a flash it is VERY accurate.

EDIT: Just checked and this won't work in your 04 TAHOE. The TAHOE has the sender set on the outside of the module, and the METRUM rod has to be mounted through the top which isn't really possible with the fuel pump set-up with a built in sump. Hook up your V2 and log sender voltage to see if teh sender stops registering voltage at E, or if it keeps dropping. You may be able to rescale the sender and make it work. And is this a single or dual tank model? Some had dual tanks and 1 tank sender will hang and cause this to happen. Senders are available seperate from the whole pump from ROCKAUTO.

single tank tahoe...I'm not aware of that year tahoe ever having dual tanks...

The tahoe was at the dealership a little over a year ago for some other issues relating to a/c malfunctions and they flashed it with the latest updates...the tank issue has been around before then but has gradually gotten worse to be off by 7-8 gallons on empty...so I'm guessing it's most likely the sending unit...

Back