• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banned on The Diesel Place

Sorry to hear the news Bruce, I saw one comment about PM me and wondered if they would lower the boom. Guess they did.
I go over there often for the banter. Their threads move quicker but the auto censorship on *** (DP code for ATT) really chaps my butt. I mean Really? I PM'd one of the Mods but the mood of the thing got lost in translation and it went south. Didn't mean it too but it did for which I'm sorry. If I want to offend someone, I will and there won't be a mistake in translation either. Dude didn't even PM me back so, Sorry guy, pissing you off wasn't my intent (he's over here a lot).

Anyway, back to the program.... I've change my signature block so that your's, Bill's, Leroy's and other's credits are in Red, Gold and Blue Bolded text.
Just doing my part. Stir the Pot.

Its a shame the "page" does not seem to keep up? Seems real slow over there. I also am a vendor there. They were the original 6.5 site I believe? Who was first the page or place?

The 'Page was first; long story, but politics and rank got to be an issue, and the 'Place was formed by a group of very active guys who just wanted things to be more open. When the 'Place sold out and put a new HNIC in place,another bunch of very active guys (including some of the same guys that migrated the first time) came over here and started the Truck Stop.

FWIW, when people are trying to work with us, we work with them. If people are trying to flaunt the rules here, we remind them and ask them to comply. We still have yet to ban anyone, clip their threads, or resort to heavy-handed censorship, despite what people remember.

Every site has politics, and rules of the road. Ours are pretty clear, and we expect everybody to respect them. Anybody can always go on other sites to find a different vibe, if that's what floats their boat. This site is built around respect and collegiality; good people hang out here because that's what they like.

Asking us to change because other sites are different is like immigrating here and then wanting us to adopt Sharia Law. If You like Sharia Law, you don't want to be in Canada.. go back home.

Bruce, Leroy, and the other vendors who support us, we're happy you're here and that you serve our members so well. In turn, we support you and hope your business thrives.

well that sucks.

if you dont mind me asking, how much did they want to charge you? you think with their paid membership stuff, they could keep costs down. apparently not.

well that sucks.

if you dont mind me asking, how much did they want to charge you? you think with their paid membership stuff, they could keep costs down. apparently not.

As for me I do not remember the #, but it was in the multi thousands per year.

Jim, I thought they were first. I remember as far back as late 96? going there.

well I'm sure more members will come here, as just this morning I went over there, and my Avast hit me with message saying the site was infected with a virus, and not to go there.
Seems some of there ad's are suspect. If I wanted ad's I'd turn on the TV. :mad:

TS is the Chit!

Some folks take themselves way to seriously. This stuff is in large measure hobby and recreation sometimes with a practical side. If we didn't like to fiddle and learn and work with our hands we would just buy a new truck call it done and go set in front of the TV. :thumbsup:

I was talking about using the forum to sell parts without paying a vendor fee. I bought a pump and 2 pmds off of him as have many others including one of the moderators over there. He isn't banned or forced to pay fees.

well I'm sure more members will come here, as just this morning I went over there, and my Avast hit me with message saying the site was infected with a virus, and not to go there.
Seems some of there ad's are suspect. If I wanted ad's I'd turn on the TV. :mad:

TS is the Chit!

I got the same virus warning this morning.

Don

FWIW, I rarely visit DP anymore... But they seem to have an active 6.2 board which is good look at every once in a while. The censoring of the ATT discussions on DP is pathetic a real loss for the 6.5 community!

Once the drama of the split happened, I was done with DP. It really hasn't gotten any benefit from the "new management".

Over here on TTS I think I have supported most all the vendors and is just an enjoyable place to talk diesel in a down to earth way with good folks... I don't post a whole lot these days, but enjoy keeping up with some of the discussions just the same. :)

In summary, you are better off here anyway! LOL

The 'Page was first; long story, but politics and rank got to be an issue, and the 'Place was formed by a group of very active guys who just wanted things to be more open. When the 'Place sold out and put a new HNIC in place,another bunch of very active guys (including some of the same guys that migrated the first time) came over here and started the Truck Stop.

FWIW, when people are trying to work with us, we work with them. If people are trying to flaunt the rules here, we remind them and ask them to comply. We still have yet to ban anyone, clip their threads, or resort to heavy-handed censorship, despite what people remember.

Every site has politics, and rules of the road. Ours are pretty clear, and we expect everybody to respect them. Anybody can always go on other sites to find a different vibe, if that's what floats their boat. This site is built around respect and collegiality; good people hang out here because that's what they like.

Asking us to change because other sites are different is like immigrating here and then wanting us to adopt Sharia Law. If You like Sharia Law, you don't want to be in Canada.. go back home.

Bruce, Leroy, and the other vendors who support us, we're happy you're here and that you serve our members so well. In turn, we support you and hope your business thrives.

I understand from another thread that this site is reconsidering the vendor support model. Aka the vendor support model that is something as midevil and obsolete as Sharia Law.

I have already suffered financially over the DP censorship of the ATT and nearly did so here, except, this site was more lax and allowed me to get help with a tune. I do not enjoy breaking Sharia law type vendor support rules to find what I need to keep the dammed thing on the road, modified, and running better than factory.

Somehow there needs to be a way to allow "hobbies" and other low volume sales/backyard garage/one offs to go on that supports 6.5 owners. Clearly the Dmax and "modern" vehicle stuff is way more profitable than the 6.5 that has been out of general public production for 10+ years. This is why other sites can get the higher vendor fees.
For example the fabbed up HX40 downpipe that competes with the ATT that a member is selling on here. Only because that member is a supporting vendor does that fly. I think it is a service to 6.5 owners offering a part like this being a vendor or not. However, the same rules that apply here apply there, except you don't get banned here.

Hopefully the site owners will consider that the only remaining 6.5/6.2 owners are:
Hobbits/collectors - people with a love for the vehicle with no other reason to own one.
Poor folks who run older vehicles with no other choice.
Businesses/farm who have found a way to sell the oink out of a pig and make the 6.5 ownership profitable.
And a rare category is people who run one because they can and have $$ to throw at it but are not 'collectors'.

In other words not every 6.5 niche item will be profitable enough to support any site fees.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy the support vendors like the OP and Burning Oil provide to this forum. I have also purchased products from supporting vendors here mainly because they were on here offering support for their products. I just hate the censorship that comes with it. IMO the DP is flat out hostile a supporting vendor here. Now X2...

At least we are able to discuss things here without censorship as long as we are not selling it.

Hopefully a new or existing support model will show up here that allows more transactions without vendor requirements. Yes the site has costs and there would of course be other ways to cover them: something the membership here appears open to. IMO we already lost too many good members over the last "crackdown".

Yep, I got Banned there for Calling Out a Vendor (in Public where everyone could See it) for Selling Fake Products and not knowing ANYTHING about what they Sell.

:blackeye:

I understand from another thread that this site is reconsidering the vendor support model. Aka the vendor support model that is something as midevil and obsolete as Sharia Law.

I have already suffered financially over the DP censorship of the ATT and nearly did so here, except, this site was more lax and allowed me to get help with a tune. I do not enjoy breaking Sharia law type vendor support rules to find what I need to keep the dammed thing on the road, modified, and running better than factory.

Somehow there needs to be a way to allow "hobbies" and other low volume sales/backyard garage/one offs to go on that supports 6.5 owners. Clearly the Dmax and "modern" vehicle stuff is way more profitable than the 6.5 that has been out of general public production for 10+ years. This is why other sites can get the higher vendor fees.
For example the fabbed up HX40 downpipe that competes with the ATT that a member is selling on here. Only because that member is a supporting vendor does that fly. I think it is a service to 6.5 owners offering a part like this being a vendor or not. However, the same rules that apply here apply there, except you don't get banned here.

Hopefully the site owners will consider that the only remaining 6.5/6.2 owners are:
Hobbits/collectors - people with a love for the vehicle with no other reason to own one.
Poor folks who run older vehicles with no other choice.
Businesses/farm who have found a way to sell the oink out of a pig and make the 6.5 ownership profitable.
And a rare category is people who run one because they can and have $$ to throw at it but are not 'collectors'.

In other words not every 6.5 niche item will be profitable enough to support any site fees.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy the support vendors like the OP and Burning Oil provide to this forum. I have also purchased products from supporting vendors here mainly because they were on here offering support for their products. I just hate the censorship that comes with it. IMO the DP is flat out hostile a supporting vendor here. Now X2...

At least we are able to discuss things here without censorship as long as we are not selling it.

Hopefully a new or existing support model will show up here that allows more transactions without vendor requirements. Yes the site has costs and there would of course be other ways to cover them: something the membership here appears open to. IMO we already lost too many good members over the last "crackdown".

I personally think that if a discussion about a product is fact based it shouldn't matter who is a vendor or not.

For instance, "I think Valvoline is better than Amsoil." I would be fine with a fact based discussion on the cost benefit between those two product manufacturers.

I would not expect or want preferential treatment in that discussion.

Now if a guy comes in and starts trying to sell Quaker State without playing by the rules, how is that fair to the 3 or 5 other oil vendors on the site who do play by the rules and support the forum?

first, i would like to say to the OP that you got the same end of the stick that buddy got here, only that they were quicker to jump on you, sorry for that, as you do offer great products and innovations.... second, if you guys think that the banning of anything ATT on the other site is all due to DP, you are in part, wrong... it is dennis you guys need to thank for a portion of that... he threatened certain people at DP with lawsuits and such, in response to what a couple of members were saying and doing here, and there... so now they censor it... IMO if some one wants to sell products, pay the fees, although i do agree that the prices for that are high anywhere, compared to the customer-base... although there are certain members of the 6.5l community that get all the free advertising that they need, both here and there, so why should they pay any fees? even if they have done so much for the 6.5'ers out there, i cant seem for the life of me think of any of it that was free... and where is barry these days? he seems to have the right idea to stay out of the politics of all this.... between both of these sites there has been equal harshness dealt out in the last 6 months.. i tried here the other day to contact buddy by PM, and what did i get? no pm's for buddy... so i went over on DP and sent him the message there... he is one of the guys who has contributed alot for 6.5'ers in the past 2 years, not at any great profit, and look what he gets.... i am sure that he wont be offering up the designs and how-to for his 6 banger chip here anytime soon.....

Back