• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banned on The Diesel Place

That's unfortunate. I am quickly learning the differences in sites, although I am more active over there I still check these forums everyday. I have bought from Leroy actually quite recently and I will say thats because he was on this site, made finding his site easier and talking to him here made it easy. (BTW everything arrived about a week ago and looks good, was even quick to canada, Thanks!) I will most likely be needed a certain downpipe adapter in a few months, glad I still know where to go!

I just want Great White to blow up his Avatar to a respectful size and make it his signature. DTR should pay him in the thousands to do this.

I understand from another thread that this site is reconsidering the vendor support model. Aka the vendor support model that is something as midevil and obsolete as Sharia Law.

I have already suffered financially over the DP censorship of the ATT and nearly did so here, except, this site was more lax and allowed me to get help with a tune. I do not enjoy breaking Sharia law type vendor support rules to find what I need to keep the dammed thing on the road, modified, and running better than factory.

Somehow there needs to be a way to allow "hobbies" and other low volume sales/backyard garage/one offs to go on that supports 6.5 owners. Clearly the Dmax and "modern" vehicle stuff is way more profitable than the 6.5 that has been out of general public production for 10+ years. This is why other sites can get the higher vendor fees.
For example the fabbed up HX40 downpipe that competes with the ATT that a member is selling on here. Only because that member is a supporting vendor does that fly. I think it is a service to 6.5 owners offering a part like this being a vendor or not. However, the same rules that apply here apply there, except you don't get banned here.

Hopefully the site owners will consider that the only remaining 6.5/6.2 owners are:
Hobbits/collectors - people with a love for the vehicle with no other reason to own one.
Poor folks who run older vehicles with no other choice.
Businesses/farm who have found a way to sell the oink out of a pig and make the 6.5 ownership profitable.
And a rare category is people who run one because they can and have $$ to throw at it but are not 'collectors'.

In other words not every 6.5 niche item will be profitable enough to support any site fees.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy the support vendors like the OP and Burning Oil provide to this forum. I have also purchased products from supporting vendors here mainly because they were on here offering support for their products. I just hate the censorship that comes with it. IMO the DP is flat out hostile a supporting vendor here. Now X2...

At least we are able to discuss things here without censorship as long as we are not selling it.

Hopefully a new or existing support model will show up here that allows more transactions without vendor requirements. Yes the site has costs and there would of course be other ways to cover them: something the membership here appears open to. IMO we already lost too many good members over the last "crackdown".

first, i would like to say to the OP that you got the same end of the stick that buddy got here, only that they were quicker to jump on you, sorry for that, as you do offer great products and innovations.... second, if you guys think that the banning of anything ATT on the other site is all due to DP, you are in part, wrong... it is dennis you guys need to thank for a portion of that... he threatened certain people at DP with lawsuits and such, in response to what a couple of members were saying and doing here, and there... so now they censor it... IMO if some one wants to sell products, pay the fees, although i do agree that the prices for that are high anywhere, compared to the customer-base... although there are certain members of the 6.5l community that get all the free advertising that they need, both here and there, so why should they pay any fees? even if they have done so much for the 6.5'ers out there, i cant seem for the life of me think of any of it that was free... and where is barry these days? he seems to have the right idea to stay out of the politics of all this.... between both of these sites there has been equal harshness dealt out in the last 6 months.. i tried here the other day to contact buddy by PM, and what did i get? no pm's for buddy... so i went over on DP and sent him the message there... he is one of the guys who has contributed alot for 6.5'ers in the past 2 years, not at any great profit, and look what he gets.... i am sure that he wont be offering up the designs and how-to for his 6 banger chip here anytime soon.....

Is it groundhog day here? Did he see his shadow or not? :welcome: :hmmm: Not all over again guys. Come one now. :BDH:

Okay, let's see here. there are 2 of us... jim types with proper capitals, jeff types without caps jeff I think?

I never got any virus warning. I can see why they have rules but from what I understand PM's should be private messages or personal messages and if someone is going in there and reading them then there should be some type of disclaimer on the rules page that says they have the right to monitor such communications. I never read the rules so it's possible that is in there. Never the less they ought to remain private as that is what the intended function of that feature is. If someone who owns a site takes exception to that then they ought to remove that function unless PM is meant as a Public Message. In which case why can we not read them. I also see a thread that says " walking J banned at place " so you aren't the first and are not likely to be the last. I think that hobbyists should be able to sell their wares freely until it becomes a business. Even my avatar on DP says we are breeders of Boston's, Toy Poodles and Yorkshire Terrier puppies and no one has ever told me to remove that. Might be a suggestion for Racedaymechanic to sell his stuff to vendors on the site since no one else seems to sell glow harnesses that I could find anywhere on the internet. The vendors could place orders for the stuff and he could do the manufacturing and shipping and they pay him. Lots of people conduct business that way. anyhow just a suggestion.

deargodmakeitstop_640.jpg

I can't believe this stuff is starting again.

The rules are clear with selling stuff.

You know it up front, if you care to read them when you "accept" at registration. If you don't like the rules, then don't register, move on and have a nice day.

If you are selling (outside of onesies and twosies in classified) you need to pay for the service to do so.

The web site owners are out of pocket to run the site.

Should someone also profit off that free service?

Do you also want to kick the management while they're down? Maybe spit on them too?

Whether you sell in the open forum or use the message system to do so, you are making money off someone else's service that is offered free of charge.

An ethical and moral person would just kick in some dough to running the site they are profiting from in that case, let alone need the rules to tell you so.

I can't believe this is even a topic worth discussing on either TTS or DP.

Especially when the management here is so freakin' tolerant of it already. It's not like they don't give a guy a chance or try to work with them.

Keep it up and even that may change, human nature an all that. Don't ruin a good thing here.

Keep kicking a dog long enough and that F'er is gonna turn around and bite you sooner or later...

(contrary to what "tone" people may think is in that response, I'm not hot, ticked or otherwise upset. I just can't believe this is being dragged out again)

I just want Great White to blow up his Avatar to a respectful size and make it his signature. DTR should pay him in the thousands to do this.

I think that is one thing we can all agree on Big T!

I second the vote! :)

LOL!

Geez guys, it's just some girl who flys a helicopter fishing in a river.

She's covered up more than a couple other avatars I can think of...

Y'old Horn dogs.

:rofl:

Is it groundhog day here? Did he see his shadow or not? :welcome: :hmmm: Not all over again guys. Come one now. :BDH:

Okay, let's see here. there are 2 of us... jim types with proper capitals, jeff types without caps jeff I think?

:lmao: Okay, you got us....Jeff was typing, but usually it is just whichever of the two of us has the keyboard at the time. Invariably the other has the mouse.

Most times, unless one of us posts in the heat of the moment, we discuss, and self-moderate our message/post. The post in question was, I believe, toned down a lot. We post at both of these sites (as well as at a few others), and the two of us find it frustrating that someone might think that the rules do not apply, or if they do then find injustice in the consequences of them.

We, have had about 15 different requests to build things for members that we have fabbed for our selves. As of yet we have decided not to go that route, and if we do and try to do it without paying a vendors fee, then we should stop, or as in the case of not wanting to stop , then we should be stopped by any and all means that the administrators of the site deem necessary.

Sometimes we offend, and sometimes we are offended. We both still enjoy sharing (give and take) on all of these sites. To go on one or the other and see the other being bad-mouthed is for me probably the most offensive. Do not get me wrong here, we can be as bad or worse than anyone else. Lets all just move on.....and get back to what is really important......the avatar in question.....even on our 42" monitor it is not big enough. If any of you computer geniuses can help us out, I tried to enlarge her (even went to GW's user profile) and could not......now like usual when I am posting a rant, someone will have already resolved the problem. Thanks in advance....LOL.:hello:

Great White's avatar reminds me of a joke. God made Adam and Eve & told Eve not to go in the water, well she went in waist deep. God said Oh great! now the fish are gonna smell like that.

first, i would like to say to the OP that you got the same end of the stick that buddy got here, only that they were quicker to jump on you, sorry for that, as you do offer great products and innovations.... second, if you guys think that the banning of anything ATT on the other site is all due to DP, you are in part, wrong... it is dennis you guys need to thank for a portion of that... he threatened certain people at DP with lawsuits and such, in response to what a couple of members were saying and doing here, and there... so now they censor it... IMO if some one wants to sell products, pay the fees, although i do agree that the prices for that are high anywhere, compared to the customer-base... although there are certain members of the 6.5l community that get all the free advertising that they need, both here and there, so why should they pay any fees? even if they have done so much for the 6.5'ers out there, i cant seem for the life of me think of any of it that was free... and where is barry these days? he seems to have the right idea to stay out of the politics of all this.... between both of these sites there has been equal harshness dealt out in the last 6 months.. i tried here the other day to contact buddy by PM, and what did i get? no pm's for buddy... so i went over on DP and sent him the message there... he is one of the guys who has contributed alot for 6.5'ers in the past 2 years, not at any great profit, and look what he gets.... i am sure that he wont be offering up the designs and how-to for his 6 banger chip here anytime soon.....

IMO that is what a specific DP admin would have you believe. Even the admins jumped on Dennis's case over at the DP and then banned him so he could not defend himself. Can you blame Dennis? If DP handled it better then it would not be the issue it is. Not that you could EVER talk about the ATT there freely anyway. Dennis isn't alone for the people DP has run off in IMO a rude way after trashing their character/products. I just hope they prevail against DP. (They will even trash the reps of supporting vendors!)

Because look at how much discussion there is on the Holset turbo's going on with no supporting vendors. I am sure Heath Diesel, a supporting vendor there, could be offended as they sell the GM8 and Turbo Master... :eek:

And this is the sort of membership loss that makes you want to stick a fork in the vendor support model. There has got to be a better way to keep the lights on and help the 6.5/6.2 community.

At the end of the day when I am looking for parts I do look to site sponsors 1st. But is there is something better out there I would like to know about it. Nothing wrong with asking for that freedom. After all even a supporting vendor here is complaining about getting caught in similar rules elsewhere aka the OP. :skep:

IMO that is what a specific DP admin would have you believe. Even the admins jumped on Dennis's case over at the DP and then banned him so he could not defend himself. Can you blame Dennis? If DP handled it better then it would not be the issue it is. Not that you could EVER talk about the ATT there freely anyway. Dennis isn't alone for the people DP has run off in IMO a rude way after trashing their character/products. I just hope they prevail against DP. (They will even trash the reps of supporting vendors!)

Because look at how much discussion there is on the Holset turbo's going on with no supporting vendors. I am sure Heath Diesel, a supporting vendor there, could be offended as they sell the GM8 and Turbo Master... :eek:

And this is the sort of membership loss that makes you want to stick a fork in the vendor support model. There has got to be a better way to keep the lights on and help the 6.5/6.2 community.

At the end of the day when I am looking for parts I do look to site sponsors 1st. But is there is something better out there I would like to know about it. Nothing wrong with asking for that freedom. After all even a supporting vendor here is complaining about getting caught in similar rules elsewhere aka the OP. :skep:

Wait a minute.

Are we talking diesel PLACE or diesel PAGE now?

I don't think Heath is a sponsor/vendor at either site.

Outside of supporting vendors, most other sites pay the bills by selling advertising space and/or individual memberships....

Back