• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banned on The Diesel Place

IMO that is what a specific DP admin would have you believe. Even the admins jumped on Dennis's case over at the DP and then banned him so he could not defend himself. Can you blame Dennis? If DP handled it better then it would not be the issue it is. Not that you could EVER talk about the ATT there freely anyway. Dennis isn't alone for the people DP has run off in IMO a rude way after trashing their character/products. I just hope they prevail against DP. (They will even trash the reps of supporting vendors!)

Because look at how much discussion there is on the Holset turbo's going on with no supporting vendors. I am sure Heath Diesel, a supporting vendor there, could be offended as they sell the GM8 and Turbo Master... :eek:

And this is the sort of membership loss that makes you want to stick a fork in the vendor support model. There has got to be a better way to keep the lights on and help the 6.5/6.2 community.

At the end of the day when I am looking for parts I do look to site sponsors 1st. But is there is something better out there I would like to know about it. Nothing wrong with asking for that freedom. After all even a supporting vendor here is complaining about getting caught in similar rules elsewhere aka the OP. :skep:
heath diesel is not a supporting vendor over there or here, but just look at all the free publicity he gets between the 2 sites, and when his name comes up, it is allowed, even encouraged, a pretty hard niche to try to start a new business in, IMO.... and he does not sell gm-8 turbos, instead he offers brand new gm-4 pressure pumps for a sum right around 1200.00, i know because a 16 year old kid on DP just bought one, and was told it is a good upgrade over the gm-5 he had previous... and it did not even come with a turbo-master....

heath diesel is not a supporting vendor over there or here, but just look at all the free publicity he gets between the 2 sites, and when his name comes up, it is allowed, even encouraged, a pretty hard niche to try to start a new business in, IMO.... and he does not sell gm-8 turbos, instead he offers brand new gm-4 pressure pumps for a sum right around 1200.00, i know because a 16 year old kid on DP just bought one, and was told it is a good upgrade over the gm-5 he had previous... and it did not even come with a turbo-master....

I think the difference is that people talk about Heath's products and recommend them based on their experience with them.

There is no linking to his products.

He doesn't come on here trying to sell stuff.

We are allowed (even encouraged) to talk about non vendor products, you just can't link to them and they can't sell on the forum without paying for the privilege.

We can talk about Kennedy, SSDiesel, DSG, Heath, or even "Buddy chips" all we want. There's no censor on that.

Hell, you can even recommend them.

You just can't link them and they can't log on and sell their products on TTS. Either by posting links in the forums or PM-ing people.

If Bill, Walt or Kennedy logged on and started talking 6.X stuff, I'm sure they would be welcomed with open arms by the membership and management. They just can't sell their stuff without paying the toll.

Heck, Buddy "broke the rules" repeatedly (so the story goes) and he's not banned. As I understand it, they disabled his PMs because that was the mechanism of the violation of forum rules in the first place (management can feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken there).

What more can you ask for?

How simple can the rules be?

Hell, walk into the mall tomorrow and set up a booth selling something next to the other vendors there and see how fast you get tossed on your ass. Maybe even arrested and fined. The selling on forums issue is no different. you have to pay for the access to the services.

The management here is extremely tolerant from what I've seen.

I just can't believe this s**t is still swirling around.

WTF guys?

Enough already....let it go.

(last part not specifically directed at "the turbonators")

I disagree with it's OK to inform someone to go buy Heath products but we can't inform a member how to contact Buddy for a chip. Seems like the same thing to me? How is that different?

I really do not want to get into this again here but just saying...

I would really try and Discourage people from SSdiesel.. I recently had to buy something from him that I could not find anywhere else and was not impressed by the shipping.

Well, I haven't posted much here, BUT I too am finding myself on this site reading more than TDP. I need to get my post count up so that I can get around the sale section.. Happy to see some of you from the other place, don't be too hard on me. LMAO

Chris

Heath Diesel is now carrying my products, I'm not going to say anything more about the.place, they have rules and I guess technicaly I broke them (I never came out and offerd prices or products on open forum) but theyreally need to look at their sv pricing , by the way I'm in my 5th wheel and about 10 beers deep right now and Brutus handled it like a champ, pulled like a mule up the mountains

I disagree with it's OK to inform someone to go buy Heath products but we can't inform a member how to contact Buddy for a chip. Seems like the same thing to me? How is that different?

I really do not want to get into this again here but just saying...

Disagree all you want.

I seriously doubt you would be censored for saying Heath sells "X" or if you would say Buddy sells "Y".

I have said things to the effect of "I've bought Heath's turbo master you can get it on his web site, a Google search will turn it up". You can say "I've bought Buddy's 6 position chip", he just doesn't have a web site (or does he?).

You just can't link to them, nor can you fling website addresses around in PM's. you can point someone in a direction, you just can't send them directly there (ie: hyperlink, email, etc). That's always been my understanding of the rules.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp.....the rules are very lenient.

I would really try and Discourage people from SSdiesel.. I recently had to buy something from him that I could not find anywhere else and was not impressed by the shipping.

I would tend agree.

However, TTS doesn't censor that stuff either.

there's a coupe threads trashing sellers on the forum (Teds trucks comes to mind).

A lot of people here just don't seem to get how tolerant this web site is.

Try this on the Place and see what you get.

Anyways, I'm done with this.

I'm not going to be a party to a couple malcontents who just want to keep the
is crap going. I'm done helping them keep it alive to just fan the flames.

Ciao.

I certainly hope that you GW didn't just call me a name for asking a simple question? I wasn't requesting anyone specific for an answer anyhow more so making a point. You also might want to get your facts straight & look real close at how & what prompted the Buddy flare up...

Over out here!!! YEA more friggin BULLSHIT just due the fact that I don't agree with you or I might have a a specific point of view then then we are gonna start name calling, grow up.

Heath Diesel is now carrying my products, I'm not going to say anything more about the.place, they have rules and I guess technicaly I broke them (I never came out and offerd prices or products on open forum) but theyreally need to look at their sv pricing , by the way I'm in my 5th wheel and about 10 beers deep right now and Brutus handled it like a champ, pulled like a mule up the mountains

That sounds great ENJOY!

I have looked at your site, nice, I am in the process of doing a build & swap so I will be getting a GP harness from you soon.

PS, if you see Donnie Wingo, tell him Chris Jennings said hello, we played HS football together, I only see him a few times a year now... Will talk soon

Chris

I have nothing to add to this thread other than to say that I am running a set of Bruce's GP harnesses that I bought via Paveltolz and they are fantastic. I was muy impressed with the quality of both the GP harness and the battery cables. I plan to purchase a set of battery cables, hopefully, sooner rather than later.

I'll be in NC next week, it's too bad I'm going to be in Raleigh. Though, I am going to be driving from there to Atlanta and back so I may see about stopping in. Hmmm ... there's a thought. I may PM you this week, Bruce, to see if you'll be around when I'm driving through.

can your products be viewed on heaths sit? or are they not put up on there yet?

im still interested in buying one of your exhaust elbows

I have nothing to add to this thread other than to say that I am running a set of Bruce's GP harnesses that I bought via Paveltolz and they are fantastic. I was muy impressed with the quality of both the GP harness and the battery cables. I plan to purchase a set of battery cables, hopefully, sooner rather than later.

I'll be in NC next week, it's too bad I'm going to be in Raleigh. Though, I am going to be driving from there to Atlanta and back so I may see about stopping in. Hmmm ... there's a thought. I may PM you this week, Bruce, to see if you'll be around when I'm driving through.

Whats your route? Stop in here for some REAL BBQ. They don't know what BBQ is in NC or GA.

Whats your route? Stop in here for some REAL BBQ. They don't know what BBQ is in NC or GA.

HAHA. I loves me some Texas. I was stationed at Ft Sam for AIT years and years ago.

I'm actually not driving, I'm flying into Raleigh for work next week and then driving down to ATL to swap out a failed firewall on the 17th and 18th.

One of these days I'll make the trip back. I haven't been there since the spring of 2001.

Back