• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks sidewinder exhaust manifold group buy.

I do know that with a stamped rocker the oil is getting thrown UP into the wire mesh in the cover thus lots of liquid there ....

With the roller rocker's the oil is exiting in a different place, not getting shot up into the mesh, so there isn't as much if any liquid up there to get sucked in ..... just my thoughts..
Good thought, thanks.

Point of order (and certainly not to disagree with anybody). Agree that the CDR vents to the intake for environmental reasons (EPA regs) and at the same time it is still a necessary part of any motor (turbo, N/A, supercharged, whatever) to allow the gasses (from heat expansion and / or blow-by) to escape. There was a time when (automotive) motors vented straight to the atmosphere. If the gasses cannot escape, the inside of the motor will pressurize and cause a different set of issues.

Unless I am missing something, letting the gasses vent through the intake is not really an issue unless the motor is generating too much oil vapor; in that case, mucking-up the intake's innards is the least of the motor's issues.

You can eliminate the CDR with a oil separation setup like MANN or other aftermarket crankcase filter blowby or not but it still must be run to the turbo compressor inlet side to operate then plumbed above or below oil level as per their instruction sheet.

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the detour, Leroy. :facepalm:
I don't mind.

I see what you were saying now on the order of hook up. Seems to me if you went straight from oil filler neck to turbo you would want a catch can.
On my old Isuzu it came with a pretty cool catch can that let vapor go to turbo, but heavier oil returned to the dip stick via a welded on nipple.

I don't mind.

I see what you were saying now on the order of hook up. Seems to me if you went straight from oil filler neck to turbo you would want a catch can.
On my old Isuzu it came with a pretty cool catch can that let vapor go to turbo, but heavier oil returned to the dip stick via a welded on nipple.

I was wondering about an oil catch can. Hmmm. Ok maybe once I get mine on the road I can do some playing with this idea.

Yours will be running long before mine, you win. But! your homework is still due tomorrow!

I'm going to spend some time cleaning up wires and clean the firewall. I have two gallons of bedliner I'm applying to the firewall. Clean frame/crossmember and just do some thing it needs before I stab the engine in.

Yours will be running long before mine, you win. But! your homework is still due tomorrow!

I'm going to spend some time cleaning up wires and clean the firewall. I have two gallons of bedliner I'm applying to the firewall. Clean frame/crossmember and just do some thing it needs before I stab the engine in.
That sounds great! I hate the way my looms look.

Got to a milestone today.
Engine is out and got a lot of the wiring cleaned out. Old firewall insulation is in the garbage can That was driving me nuts.
Should really be able to start making real progress now.
Going to reloom the engine harnesses, clean and bedliner the firewall, power wash the frame rails, install new evap and heater cores,
transfer IP and other "stuff" to the P400. Should be ready to drop engine in after that.

Last edited:
Back