• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks sidewinder exhaust manifold group buy.

Thank you.

Im plugging away at the engine build. Once thats done I'll be able to continue this Turbo set up again.

Leroy, I am guessing you will be running an ATT turbo, but curious to see what it would do with a stock turbo. I know I should convince the better half that I need an ATT, but she has been wanting me to get rid of it. I just really like the diesel, but I am torn as the newer gas 1/2tons will tow almost as much as the 6.5 can, or should I say as much as it is rated for. I also really dont want to spend 60K for a new truck, and I have a rebuilt 6.5 that I only have about 3K on so far....

I guess Im just curious. I know what WW will say- GM turbo is a heat pump- and it is.....

The stock turbo won't be anywhere close to my truck again unless the truck is close to the shop where turbo sits on a shelf:hihi:
The thing you might stress to your wife is the ATT will pay for itself in the MPG ^ most are reporting 3 MPG better. Thats 102miles per tank extra! (34 gal truck) and 126 for 42 gal burbs.

dude!?! Man code rule #7: It's always better to ask the wife for forgiveness than permission.

btw, where is the emoticon of me looking over my shoulder to see if my wife is watching me type this?:hihi:

The stock turbo won't be anywhere close to my truck again unless the truck is close to the shop where turbo sits on a shelf:hihi:
The thing you might stress to your wife is the ATT will pay for itself in the MPG ^ most are reporting 3 MPG better. Thats 102miles per tank extra! (34 gal truck) and 126 for 42 gal burbs.

I can attest to this as NOT being sales pitch hype. My ATT paid for itself a long time ago. I couldn't be happier with the way my Burb runs. I just wish it would whistle more!!

Why are you asking your wife what you can do to your own truck? :rolleyes5:

My wife doesn't care what I do to my truck just how much I spend. She tracks all the money better than me anyway

Sent from my Studio 5.0s using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! I agree. I like old, she likes new, at the end of the day, it IS my truck. Great point on the fuel mileage, I will get one picked up in the next month from you Leroy.

:hihi:

Not really. Got the block back. Now I maching up a timing gear set for it. Once its installed in the truck I'll be able to start up on the turbo set up again. It needs to be in the truck so I know what bends go where....ect

Hi. Im out of the country til 24th. Please remind me around then as I will forget. I have a lot to do when I get back.

Thanks.

OK finally an update and small progress.

The Optimizer block I built was sold and I got a P400 to replace it with :D
Just got it on Monday. I had them shipp it to me with the heads loose because I'm going to tear it down to put gapless
rings in it. It was weird that they would not leave the oil pan loose though?
Once I get the engine done I'll be making quick progress on the project.

Here are a couple vids of the way they come from AMG
and

Last edited:
Back