• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks sidewinder exhaust manifold group buy.

Wow Leroy, those videos almost got me teary eyed! :D Everything in me wants to sell my other truck, and maybe one of my tractors just so I could afford one of those amazing P400's. I hope your planning on more video's, and pics documenting things as you pull the pistons out. Please! While I've seen some pretty nice pics of these with the oil pan, and heads off, I've never seen any with the pistons out. Thanks for the great videos so far. :)

Matt

Wow Leroy, those videos almost got me teary eyed! :D Everything in me wants to sell my other truck, and maybe one of my tractors just so I could afford one of those amazing P400's. I hope your planning on more video's, and pics documenting things as you pull the pistons out. Please! While I've seen some pretty nice pics of these with the oil pan, and heads off, I've never seen any with the pistons out. Thanks for the great videos so far. :)

Matt
Plan to take lots of pictures and some video.

Looks like the girdle uses studs to hold it on to the block?
I'll know tomorrow.

Here are some more pictures of the highlights.

Engine banded and sealed inside thick plastic bag.
DSCF1774.JPG
Got it on the engine stand. Jack stand onder oil pan to help distribute the weight.
DSCF1780.JPG
Driver side. Came with new block heater.
DSCF1787.JPG
Comes with oil filter. Plugs in oil cooler ports.
DSCF1788.JPG
Head casting #s
DSCF1792.JPG
506 and Navastar logo
DSCF1796.JPG
Herd to see here, but below the sticker in the black painted are is cast into the block "P400"
DSCF1794.JPG

Yes both.
Also:
Fluid Damper
Roller Rockers
Timming gear
gapless rings
Water/meth
Propane
Along with all the Banks manifold & ATT stuff in this thread.

Thinking I may blend the ports on intake/exhaust if they don't match the gaskets well.

Yes both.
Also:
Fluid Damper
Roller Rockers
Timming gear
gapless rings
Water/meth
Propane
Along with all the Banks manifold & ATT stuff in this thread.

Thinking I may blend the ports on intake/exhaust if they don't match the gaskets well.

Holy Smokes! Your not pulling any punches with this build!:eek: Following with great enthusiasm!:D

Matt

Looks Great Leroy!

Interesting, my 'new' P-400 did not arrive with that type of crate. It showed up on a pallet, standing on four custom legs that were bolted to the pallet (and the block), and a cardboard box that surrounded the motor and pallet. The legs have a $100 return deposit on them, and am hoping that one day in the near future I can return them . . .

And by the way, what happened to the original intent of this thread to get the Banks / Hummer exhaust manifolds and front crossover configuration ;)

Looks Great Leroy!

Interesting, my 'new' P-400 did not arrive with that type of crate. It showed up on a pallet, standing on four custom legs that were bolted to the pallet (and the block), and a cardboard box that surrounded the motor and pallet. The legs have a $100 return deposit on them, and am hoping that one day in the near future I can return them . . .

And by the way, what happened to the original intent of this thread to get the Banks / Hummer exhaust manifolds and front crossover configuration ;)
But you got yours shipped from Penneysinsucure (peninsular) right?

I should be on a good roll now that I have the engine I want. Will be done before you know it, so don't blink :)

Is that the oil pan for the 4wd Suburban?
No, but I will have one very shortly if needed. I had one sent to Jay and Joey maybe they can input as to quality...ect as I have not seen mine yet. They should be a very high quality piece as I am having Moroso make them for me.
Im going to use the cast P400 pan on mine as mine is 2wd and supossedly they fit, but I have a 4x4 pan coming for stock.

We need pics of the 4x4 oil pan Leroy. And price of course $$$$

I am very interested in following your build as I have been contemplating the same setup. Maybe you can offer a built version of the P400 with all the extra punches as well as the stock version? Happy New Year!

The Moroso pan from Leroy seems to be very well constructed. It weighs in at 13lbs 4oz. It's all Tig welded (not welded with jumper cables and a coat hanger like the one from pen). Hopefully I will get pix of my "Franken" pan on Monday. I'm also eager to see if I got a new block heater with my P400, I was too distracted by the header, turbo, "Franken" pan and the broken transmission to look at all the details. If it has a block heater or not, my plan is to install 2, 1 in each side. That way I'll always have a spare ready to go.

I was told by a couple sources that the stock P400 pan will not fit in a non-military vehicle, 2 or 4 wheel drive. That includes my Workhorse P30 chassis under my motorhome, even though I have independent front suspension (not a straight axel). I wish it did, as it would have saved a lot of time and money. Also the only thing that could have been better with the Moroso pan is it should have a bigger oil capacity. While the "Franken" pan holds about 12 qts, but it doesn't look like the Moroso pan will not hold much more than stock.moroso pan 1.jpg morso pan 2.jpg moroso pan 3.jpg moroso pan 4.jpg

Last edited:
We need pics of the 4x4 oil pan Leroy. And price of course $$$$

I am very interested in following your build as I have been contemplating the same setup. Maybe you can offer a built version of the P400 with all the extra punches as well as the stock version? Happy New Year!
Thanks Joey for posting the pics. I was really wanting to see them myself too.
I can definately build the engine to spec, but! depending on where you are the shipping cost could eat you up. Appox $300 to get it here then ??? to reship. Might be better to buy the parts (from me prefferably) then have local engine shop do the work.

The Moroso pan from Leroy seems to be very well constructed. It weighs in at 13lbs 4oz. It's all Tig welded (not welded with jumper cables and a coat hanger like the one from pen). Hopefully I will get pix of my "Franken" pan on Monday. I'm also eager to see if I got a new block heater with my P400, I was too distracted by the header, turbo, "Franken" pan and the broken transmission to look at all the details. If it has a block heater or not, my plan is to install 2, 1 in each side. That way I'll always have a spare ready to go.

I was told by a couple sources that the stock P400 pan will not fit in a non-military vehicle, 2 or 4 wheel drive. That includes my Workhorse P30 chassis under my motorhome, even though I have independent front suspension (not a straight axel). I wish it did, as it would have saved a lot of time and money. Also the only thing that could have been better with the Moroso pan is it should have a bigger oil capacity. While the "Franken" pan holds about 12 qts, but it doesn't look like the Moroso pan will not hold much more than stock.View attachment 43730 View attachment 43731 View attachment 43732 View attachment 43733
You and Jay got the first two "prototypes" future pans will also be cadnium plated. Just going from the pictures it looks like 9-10 qt capacity? Also with an investment like these I'd add extra filtering/bypass filter and get even more capacity.

By the way Leroy, nice work having those pans made by Moroso! :)

I really miss the little thumbs up emotiacon.

Matt
I don't have the time or welding skills to do one that nice. I miss the smiles to! I did a whole Chrismas story last year using nothing but smilies :)

Back