• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks sidewinder exhaust manifold group buy.

Good eye, Yep 1/4" pipe thead for an EGT probe. Hopefully I'll have a few more parts tomorrow to start mocking up stuff.

Looking Good! Just checking, Bank's manifold is bare metal?

Still trying to get some 4x4 pics for you . . . The mechanic got some awesome shots earlier this week, but they were all from the wrong angle and now I have to wait for a DMax to get off the lift for another set. I did try to jump the gun and snuck over there yesterday with a flashlight, phone, and creeper but those turned out as useless given the flashlight did not have enough power for the phone to pick up anything except the lowest rigging (steering damper, etc) :(

Would have been happy to post a pic of the 95 K2500 4wd but there is no motor in the truck at the moment. Looks good so far. I am interested in seeing how this all turns out.

Yes, Manifold is raw cast iron. Did you think different?
Some pics will help visualize if the crossover will be made differently than 2wd.

Looked bare, but just wanted to double check as I recall some of the literature looked like it had a (gray?) coating.

For pics, still waiting for that DMax to get off the lift . . .

Pics, you need more let me know..

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387319121186.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387319121186.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 17
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387319139602.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387319139602.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 17
I'm pretty sure he is looking for a pic of the balancer in relation to the front diff. That's where he will be routing the custom crossover.

Thanks, the veiw I was hoping for was of the driver side from above engine, looking down at the diff. The exhaust crossover will be toward the front of the engine close radiator and go under harmonic ballancer. So any pics in that are will help.

Round 2..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387322923991.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387322923991.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 18
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387322953777.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387322953777.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 16
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387323020267.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387323020267.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 16
Sorry did not see post 87-88 I was loading pics while you posted. Anyway yes Jorge is right.

EDIT: Man would you stop posting while Im typing :hihi::hihi:

Thanks for the pics I study them next.

Its hard to tell in pictures sometimes, but it looks like plenty of room in your first and last pic. The manifold is below PS pump so thats good, looks like it will clear the PS gear too.

Your in Houston correct? If you want your welcome to come take a look and see what you think...

I'm just outside the Woodlands..

I may take you up on that. I'll build mine the way I need it then may bring it up there to see how it looks on your truck. Obviously you dont have the same manifolds so I'd only be able to hold it up and compair.

No problem, just a heads up though I'm "selling" the body (I'm keeping the drive train) guy's Supposed to have money buy next weekend but I'm not holding my breath for it..

But just in case he does come up with it, I'll try and get some more pics for you...

Get into the down pipe yet? Looks like Banks has a nice 3" down pipe to go along with the manifold, so the question is whether it mates to the ATT; not sure why it would not though.

By the looks of the location of the turbo on the manifold, seems like it should be a pretty straight run for the down pipe. Should help with exhaust flow there too. Might even have room for 4" down pipe.

No problem, just a heads up though I'm "selling" the body (I'm keeping the drive train) guy's Supposed to have money buy next weekend but I'm not holding my breath for it..

But just in case he does come up with it, I'll try and get some more pics for you...

For sure sell it if you can, don't wait for me.
Get into the down pipe yet? Looks like Banks has a nice 3" down pipe to go along with the manifold, so the question is whether it mates to the ATT; not sure why it would not though.
To many differences, its easier to just make a custom one.
By the looks of the location of the turbo on the manifold, seems like it should be a pretty straight run for the down pipe. Should help with exhaust flow there too. Might even have room for 4" down pipe.

If I can fit a 4" DP then its a no brainer. Im also incorperating a bypass valve into the DP.

For the crossover, DMax finally got out the way and grabbed the best shots.

photo 01.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 5.jpgphoto05.jpgphoto07.jpgphoto 9.jpgphoto 11.jpgphoto 12.jpg

If we need more, will go over there this weekend.

Back