• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks sidewinder exhaust manifold group buy.

I can find pictures online of the Dmax shifter, but having trouble finding one of a 96-00. Worst case I'll pull the cover off mine and look.

My only 2 6.5's are the 93 and 94 so I'm no help, my 95's boot was Mia.

I think fleece makes an adapter kit for at least 01-05 if an lb7 and Allison can be dropped in a 95-00 and have functioning towhaul then I'd say going another step further on a 4l80 is withing the realm of possibilities. Ferm might know more having done the lb7 swap part.

I know it can be done already. I'm just curious if the lever is a direct swap at this point.

Probably not a lot as the soot is very much reduced to the oil. The centrifuge only needs cleaned at 15000 miles IMO.

Probably not a lot as the soot is very much reduced to the oil. The centrifuge only needs cleaned at 15000 miles IMO.
Perhaps you are right about cleaning schedule but it would be interesting to see now how much soot had been captured by it and that would also bare witness to the total seal rings working properly too.

Cleaning of centrifuge.
This is the first time cleaning the centrifuge on this brand new P400 engine. It has 5000 miles of oil in it with one oil change at 500 miles.
As you can see it really does a good job, it has spun a lot of soot and "stuff" out.
It takes 15 minute to clean. The nice thing is there are no expensive elements to replace. Some elements are $100 so this system will pay for itself fast.
Hope you enjoy.
www.leroydiesel.com
If item has not been listed on my web site by the time you see this just call or email for info.

Last edited:
Cleaning of centrifuge.
This is the first time cleaning the centrifuge on this brand new P400 engine. It has 5000 miles of oil in it with one oil change at 500 miles.
As you can see it really does a good job, it has spun a lot of soot and "stuff" out.
It takes 15 minute to clean. The nice thing is there are no expensive elements to replace. Some elements are $100 so this system will pay for itself fast.
Hope you enjoy.
www.leroydiesel.com
If item has not been listed on my web site by the time you see this just call or email for info.

I suspect it does a better job than the bypass filtration.

Any chance the centrifuge can sling out some of the additive pkg of the oil??? Or I wonder if it was some assembly lube (if you used some for assembly and next time it won't be so tar like????

If I buy quarts when I do an oil change I typically use one quart of oil to fill the filter(s) then cut off the bottom of the container and use it as a funnel. Once I cut open an oil bottle and it had some coffee with milk like sludge in the bottom of the container.

I called an oil company tech line and was told some sediment and additive pkg can settle out if the container has sat a couple of months. I started shaking up my oil containers before pouring them into the engine so I could get all the additive package. And I dislike buying oil from stores that don't have good turn over and or don't rotate stock.

Its not going to remove additives. Big rigs a multi million dollar equipment/boats use them. If it was taking the additives out we would all know by now.
I used assy lube, but its not that. Its a sooty tar like substance.

Its not going to remove additives. Big rigs a multi million dollar equipment/boats use them. If it was taking the additives out we would all know by now.
I used assy lube, but its not that. Its a sooty tar like substance.
Soot for sure, it would be interesting to see how much is pulled on IDI diesel w/o total seal rings..

I did read that on a diesel that sits months at a time there could be separation of additives and oil and the additives could be suspended in the oil after startup and removed by a centrifuge when cold however the oil spun centrifuge does not normally spin at idle so a warmup would remix the additives back into the oil, on air driven units it is advised not to supply air during warmup.

You would find if you have the heavies that stuck to the wall of the centrifuge tested at a lab, most of it is silicone (fine dirt), with heterocyclic hydrocarbon (soot). Been down that road before. When used on gas engines instead of diesel, more dirt less soot.

Any of the heavy additives that could spin out are not bonded at a molecular level, and therefore would remix with the oil when the engine shuts off and the oil drains down out of the centrifuge.

After a few more UOA test with soot readings, I will probably switch over to centrifuge. I don't know what I'll do with my FS2500. I also need to take my pre/post oil pump and put it back on the 6.5. That will remove most metal on UOA, the before and after UOA on the gasser its on now proved that. Worth every penny of the 5 bills it cost. Starting an engine at 40psi of oil pressure is good.

Back