• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks sidewinder exhaust manifold group buy.

Oh, there are special ball valves made to regulate flow very accurately. Idk how much you could get out, but the more gone the better.

One thing I would do Leroy is put a psi gauge before the centrifuge. Then you can play with flow rates via psi.
I had thought about that. One of the reasons for hooking it in with the OPS. Not sure how accurate it'll be but I can start with the dash mounted gauge. More than likely the best will be full blast!

Took a step backwards today :mad:

Nate has his build going on in another thread, but we have been talking behind the scenes. He had water in the oil so in the process of repairing his saw damage to the Harland Sharp (HS) rockers. Nate sent me pictures of them after he'd already talked to HS, they said damage was caused by the water oil mix, but I had my suspicions.
When I installed my rockers I thought they did not quite feel right (can't explane just a feeling). If was very difficult to see the problem and with spring pressure and lifter tension pushing against the rockers made it impossible to tell anything wrong.
Well the problem is on each shaft (4 total) the center 2 rockers are in a bind big time. To the point that if you run them like that damage will result. Nate was told the damage was slight on his. Because oil has mixed with water it would be very hard to prove.
So, when Nate sent me those pictures it dawned on me and I got a terrible feeling in my gut that my feeling about the rockers I had just installed days before had merit. Not to mention all my customers that have bought them!! Will they have the same issue? I think so. Nate also sent me a video of the binding on his. I made my own vids also.
I removed my valve covers to inspect mine and sure enough they are binding.

If you have bought these from me know that HS is willing to send new parts to fix the issue. Or you can do what I did in the video.
The videos below show what I did to fix the issue.

Last edited:
Kudos to You, Nate, and Harland Sharp! This goes to prove that teamwork, persistence, and clear minded thinkers are able to create positive outcomes even when the source is from a failure!!! :D:D:D

I credit Leroy with this discovery. I hadn't installed my arms again yet when he contacted me, but when he saw the wear on the SIDES of my arms after having just installed his arms it made him curious. So he contacted me, because his were already buttoned up, and it was perfect timing....I slapped mine on, and without pushrods in place the problem was readily apparent. Yay teamwork! I tried calling the person I spoke with at Harland Sharp this morning regarding my coolant galling the shafts problem and he won't be in until later today. I'm going to wait to see what he tells me before I do anything to mine. I live close so I can get things next-day to and from them with just regular ground.

One thing I will say, Harland Sharp has been GREAT to work with. They do have a good product, this is just the problem with being guinea pigs with a product on a low volume application.

Talked HS this AM. They are standing behind any problems related to the rocker arms assy. They have 3 sets of spacer ready to mail today, Jay I need your shops address so they can drop ship. Nate do you want the second set?

Anyone else that bought these from me just needs to get with me so I can relay that info to HS

Jay and Nate if you can return the original spacers to HS it will speed up the process of getting new ones out to others.

Thanks guys and sorry for the problem, but at least we know now and can fix it. Good timing for some, not so much for others I suspect.

Talked HS this AM. They are standing behind any problems related to the rocker arms assy. They have 3 sets of spacer ready to mail today, Jay I need your shops address so they can drop ship. Nate do you want the second set?

Anyone else that bought these from me just needs to get with me so I can relay that info to HS

Jay and Nate if you can return the original spacers to HS it will speed up the process of getting new ones out to others.

Thanks guys and sorry for the problem, but at least we know now and can fix it. Good timing for some, not so much for others I suspect.

Yes I would like the second set. Do you need my address or do you have it on file from all my other purchases? ;)

It is unfortunate that this happened. I have learned from it and will definitely pay attention to things like this even closer on future projects.

I've been trying to search for the roller rocker arm group buy I did awhile back to notify those members of the issue. I can't find it, anyone else have better searching methods that can?
Thanks.

Oh!! and no one has notice the "rare" tstat crossover so far?? Its a single tstat off an early 96 model. GM only made them a few months. It takes same tstat as 92-95 and has bypass blocker built in, but has the provisions for the 96-2000 serp belt driven accessories.

Oh!! and no one has notice the "rare" tstat crossover so far?? Its a single tstat off an early 96 model. GM only made them a few months. It takes same tstat as 92-95 and has bypass blocker built in, but has the provisions for the 96-2000 serp belt driven accessories.
I noticed, but didn't realize it was THAT rare. Very cool. That ought to make getting at the IP a bit easier.

Back