• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ATT Dyno #2

I don't know how this turned into a debate about an IH IDI vs a DD IDI again.... but if you set the hook, I'll take the bait everytime.
In this case it wasn't, it was about how a 6.5 with a few bolt on mods with a manual tranny did on the dyno. It turned into a debate about manual vs automatic transmissions but you came back from some long sabbatical (you were missed by the way) baited the ih vs DD hook and were the only one who bit and bit hard. You asked.

go back to the start of the thread and read about the dyno sheet not being able to be printed before you speak again. And with 4.10 gears i sit at 2500 rpm at 70MPH. So all my power is still ahead of me rather than behind me. I did manage to get a dyno sheet of the graph printed on my last att dyno so go check that thread to see it. They should look the same. Im glad i still make torque at that high of rpm. It is much safer and easier on the motor to make torque at high rpm rather than super low. Im not saying yours is so low in the rpm its bad but with a completely stock block, it helps keep it intact having torque that high. It tows just fine. Im not going for a speed record up a hill with a trailer. Especially with a trailer at 12k lbs. Just seems dangerous and stupid

This is getting kind of out of hand. My dyno thread which was suppose to be about having fun and showing what a 6.5L can do has turned into some stupid pissing match and instead of simply talking back and forth you have started a fight with everyone. You can sure speak your mind here but you go about it the entirely wrong way. This is not a place for such things I thought. It seems everytime I hit the dyno and post up so you guys can enjoy it, it gets completely off track and stupid. I'm out of here if this is how it is going to be. I'm done posting up any further advacements of the build or dyno runs. If you guys really want the updates then PM your e-mail and I will try to keep you updated.

With apologies for high jacking your thread 6.5L

Maybe I can sum Nmb2's position up in a few words (no easy feat for me):
- Fords rule, Chevrolets drool...
Dmaxes are awesome. I intend on buying an LB7 to build a drag truck
- Bow down to the knowledge base of Nmb2 who doesn't know he's got the wrong pump. 'I was lied too'
Nice twist. I paid into a program and was told I would get "this". I received pump, ran it, didn't make the power I thought it would and considered that maybe I was at the limitations of the engine. Found out Ken was a shammer, found the pumps real builder, and was told the pump was something completely different. Yeah, I was supposed to know all of that by looking at the outside casing :rolleyes5:
- "spend the money"
gotta pay to play
- If one of you guys prove through the math that your pump is better than my "smash number" pump might be, you're all blow hards
WHAT PROOF?!? I seen no proof. I could easily lie to you about my plunger size, my roller to roller, and not post a single picture of my work.
- if a 6.5 numbers are better than yours for less $$, then it about where the numbers are made that counts.
You still haven't shown me a 6.5 that made more power than my Truck, and its obvious you guys are more into HP than TQ... because you make less torque than a SBC. To imply where your powerband is, doesn't count... further shows how clueless you are
- 6.5's are for passenger cars, not military vehicles still in service so you're dangerous and stupid now

Was the GM diesel not first designed for a passenger car? Was it not outfitted into hundreds, perhaps thousands of 1/2ton blazers and 1/2ton military trucks? You were in the military right? If so you spent some time in a motor pool I'm sure. How often do those 6.5's get driven? Road tested once a week, and babied. They were babied in Iraq, and they don't get used in Afghanistan. I can't tell you how many times I've walked into the bay's in the motorpool and seen a 6.5 on the engine stand....

This is getting kind of out of hand. My dyno thread which was suppose to be about having fun and showing what a 6.5L can do has turned into some stupid pissing match and instead of simply talking back and forth you have started a fight with everyone. You can sure speak your mind here but you go about it the entirely wrong way. This is not a place for such things I thought. It seems everytime I hit the dyno and post up so you guys can enjoy it, it gets completely off track and stupid. I'm out of here if this is how it is going to be. I'm done posting up any further advacements of the build or dyno runs. If you guys really want the updates then PM your e-mail and I will try to keep you updated.

Taking your ball and going home huh? Trust me..... I've watched the threads around here. There is PLENTY of fighting without my presence. I thought the Ford forums were dysfunctional. You can blame this on your buddy OrionThade. He knew exactly what he was about to start with me.

Nmb2 Please delete your response out of respect to 6.5L as I have done the same.

6.5L PM sent. Please keep posting your dyno results, we'll eventually learn.

nmb2 said:
Everything on my engine is considered bolt on as well, is it not? It came naturally aspirated remember. Other than my shaved pistons, what internal mods do I have?

Remember, 6.5L has a STOCK long block ... he bought it and installed it. That means stock TTY head bolts, stock pistons, connecting rods, bearings, head gaskets, rotating assembly. etc

According to your build thread:
$95 for exhaust valve set
$80 for comp 910 springs
$270 for my balance from the damper to flywheel. pistons within 1/2 gram max tolerance of each other.
$150 for delta cam
$203 for pistons (milling is free/inhouse)
$120 for rotating assembly cryo treated
$300 for piston/pin/rod being Tri-Coated (ceramic tops, moly skirts/rods)
roughly $500 for the entire turbo kit from manifolds to turbocharger
$249 for my water/meth kit from AIS
$1000 for my injection pump
"On another note, pistons are going to Performance coatings today"
ARP main and head studs
dropped off the manifolds, up pipes, turbo exhaust housing, intake @ Auburn performance coatings today to get ceramic

These are hardly stock/bolt on mods no matter how you justify it.

If you wanted an 'apples to apples' comparison, take a STOCK 6.9 and throw the same mods on it that 6.5L did and dyno THAT.

I love how you talked on your build thread about how arrogant the PS guys are ... and here you are just as arrogant.

Maybe it's a Ford thing?

Everyone, please just let it go. Delete what you can, forget the rest and let's keep it as intended...friendly discussion on 6.5L's dyno run.

Was the GM diesel not first designed for a passenger car? Was it not outfitted into hundreds, perhaps thousands of 1/2ton blazers and 1/2ton military trucks? You were in the military right? If so you spent some time in a motor pool I'm sure. How often do those 6.5's get driven? Road tested once a week, and babied. They were babied in Iraq, and they don't get used in Afghanistan. I can't tell you how many times I've walked into the bay's in the motorpool and seen a 6.5 on the engine stand....

I fully understand that you were shafted on your IP. I get that and don't hold that against you.

But just to set you straight, the 6.2L and 6.5L were NOT first designed for a passenger car. Maybe you're thinking of the 5.7L ...

If you wanted an 'apples to apples' comparison, take a STOCK 6.9 and throw the same mods on it that 6.5L did and dyno THAT

Reading comprehension fails you. I clearly stated that his and mine are not apples to apples, and that if he wanted to do that, to compare to Justin Anderson's engine... which has the exact same mods, and dynoed.

Maybe it's a Ford thing?

It definitely is.

Now, all that said and back to the relevant information:

This new IP you're building ... Is that something that can be retro'd into a GM DB2? I'm not an IP guy ... so I won't pretend I know the ins and outs.

If that IP will deliver the fuel at the rate you expect it to, it would be interesting to see what gains a 6.5 would have.

No need to delete everything. I'll back out of the thread as long as you guys stop taking your cheap shots at me, baiting me to continue. You know I have a hard time letting things go, and you capitalize on it. Just let it go.

Why BASH such a good acomplishment?.....Why do people feel the need to insult the hard work of many? This is a GREAT thread about a "DOCUMENTED" Tremendous improvement in performance, with basically just what the nay sayers "SAID" can't/couldn't be done on a small budget.

No major transplant, or super duper engine builds, just the work of a Gear-head and many hours of R&D, All documented on the same truck, under the same conditions. (There is nothing to dispute, the Dyno sheets speak for themselves)

Slim started from an "Idea" to, A "Great" A-Team Turbo that just seems to get better with nothing but time and swapping the housing to see more HP....Pretty impressive if you ask me.

It shouldn't matter what you drive, or what your building.......or even if you could post those numbers with a 7.3 or whatever your flavor that burns #2 fuel, Why bash the 6.5 and a few "Bolt on Mods......Because someone got it right?

JMO here, because this is one of those "Threads".........(You all know what I'm talking about, that's why we came to this "PLACE" to start with.

Except, as I pointed out, a 6.5l vs a 7.3l is every bit as much of an apples to apples comparison as comparing a 6.9l IDI to a 6.6L Duramax.

You just can't stop can you?

a 6.9 IDI is apples to apples with a D-max? What planet are you from?

Let me teach you something.

6.9/7.3 IDI to 6.2/6.5 IDI - Apples to Apples

6.4 PSD to D-max to 5.9/6.7 CTD - Apples to Apples

No need to delete everything. I'll back out of the thread as long as you guys stop taking your cheap shots at me, baiting me to continue. You know I have a hard time letting things go, and you capitalize on it. Just let it go.

Could be as simple as you saying "You know what? You're right ... I came into your house and acted like an arrogant a$$. I'm sorry, let's wipe the slate and work together to show what IDI's, Ford or GM, are capable of."

Seriously though, my ONLY issue with you is that from the get-go you have been a know-it-all. And the bottom line is that you aren't and you don't.

I respect what you've done with your 6.9. I had considered doing something similar with my grandpa's truck after he died.

You just can't stop can you?

a 6.9 IDI is apples to apples with a D-max? What planet are you from?

Let me teach you something.

6.9/7.3 IDI to 6.2/6.5 IDI - Apples to Apples

6.4 PSD to D-max to 5.9/6.7 CTD - Apples to Apples

If you say so. After all, you're the know-it-all.

Seriously you guys, shake your dicks, this pissin' contests over. Well, while we are already completely de-railed, who likes margarita's? Cuz I am having a pretty kick ass margarita at the moment :)

Back