• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ATT Dyno #2

Seriously you guys, shake your dicks, this pissin' contests over. Well, while we are already completely de-railed, who likes margarita's? Cuz I am having a pretty kick ass margarita at the moment :)
I like my alcohol in Top Fuel. But I'm really enjoying some dark chocolate covered blue berries and pomogranats (sp) while sipping on a Cherry Coke Zero.:hihi:

Truck: $2000
Optimizer 6500: $2000
DB2831-4911 Rebuilt with Upgraded Head and Rotor Assembly: $700
AFE Stage II: $300
FULL BOAR 4in Exhaust System: $350
Pressure Matched German Bosch 2300psi Injectors: $400 (included is a $10/injector core charge)
A-Team Turbo w/ Blanket: $927 (Included is $60 shipping)
Clutch: $300 (Truck came with Solid Mass Flywheel if anybody cares)
A-Pillar gauge cluster with Boost and Pyro gauges: $250

Total Cost: $7227 total investment

Great Job so far, Your real close in dollars where I am I need to get Brutus on the rollers soon, Its not like theres no chassis dynos near me............

6.5L, any plans for beefing up the fuel system? Such as a higher output lift pump, ftb and maybe turning up the fuel screw?

Im sure those would yield very nice results.

Very anxious to see you hit that 300hp mark, I will be following this closely. good luck

Umm, maybe. Depending on the money situation. I have to make some pretty large purchases on the next paycheck so we will see. I probably won't do the Feed the Beast mod. I may or may not turn up the fuel. I got some idea's I am going to try out. I know you can't see it in the video but there is a very very very slight haze that comes out of my exhaust at WOT even when the turbo is building 14psi. It is very minor, but I want to try to clear that up before adding any more fuel. I find it almost a waste to run fuel I can't burn

Could it be done in a afternoon? We have a large engine diesel shop so fabbing and stuff like that is not a big deal. I am gonna be honest, I have kind skipped the whole pre-engine fueling equation of this whole build. I have kind of forgotten about the lift pump haha it really would be a nice compliment. Would it help with high rpm fueling. It seems like around 2700rpm I hit a wall where it seems like it isn't getting as much fuel as it was. Would a better lfit pump help this issue or is that issue just because it can't fill the plungers all the way at high rpm?

And I think the haze may be from the fact that where the dyno is at is roughly4000ft above sea level, and where I live is at 5200ft above sea level. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it haha

Could it be done in a afternoon? We have a large engine diesel shop so fabbing and stuff like that is not a big deal. I am gonna be honest, I have kind skipped the whole pre-engine fueling equation of this whole build. I have kind of forgotten about the lift pump haha it really would be a nice compliment. Would it help with high rpm fueling. It seems like around 2700rpm I hit a wall where it seems like it isn't getting as much fuel as it was. Would a better lfit pump help this issue or is that issue just because it can't fill the plungers all the way at high rpm?

Yes you can do it in an afternoon, Leroy has some fittings that thread onto the existing fuel line It will take the most time figuring out how you want to mount it, The stock lift pump would go to zero at WOT I have not had my Walbro go below 6 PSI WOT on the hardest pulls so it defiantly will help you

Yes you can do it in an afternoon, Leroy has some fittings that thread onto the existing fuel line It will take the most time figuring out how you want to mount it, The stock lift pump would go to zero at WOT I have not had my Walbro go below 6 PSI WOT on the hardest pulls so it defiantly will help you
I like your set up and the one that Orionthade did is very nice as well. I did mine using Leroy's kit (FRB5) to include the Wix Fuel Filter set up. Did it in an afternoon and didn't cut anything but some scrap metal and extra fuel hose to make it all work. I'm not a machinist or metal worker either but it is functional. I'll redo it to something cleaner like Bruce's or Jake's soon.

Your probably pulling a vacuum at anything over 2000 and a load. That will give you a haze, ask me how I know. Been there done that, black smoke or smoke can be from lack of fuel pressure. I recommend the FRC 16 that Leroy sells, my truck ran much better at 2800 and above. I reg run mine at 3200rpm for half hour or more at a time. (don't ask) speed o siting at 90 plus the truck just purrs.

About everything else I just read WOW, we are a passionate group. To say the least, me included.

6.5 I can get you a DB pump with larger plungers. I will look into it. I kind of have a few connections, one or two. No guarantees got a DS4 pump sitting here with .380 plungers that I have never ran. Yeah guess I just been sitting on it for a year and a half. After the turbo fiasco here I quit doing anything to help out with RD out of my pocket and have not shared much of what I have done. One day, right now I am selfish.

I got pictures of it to but not tonight. Lost interest again with this.

The DB2 may not like as much pressure as a DS4 can handle, with the timing not externally controlled, but with internal pressures, so I would probably put 9psi into the IP, and have a pump that can actually maintain it at 9psi with demand, 6psi minimum. With the fuel filter being a restriction, then a 12psi pump or just regulating one down to 12 might be good. Some lift pumps dead head on the FFM, and some dont cut themselves off when they reach the pressure. The FRC-10 is 16psi and does not dead head I do not think. An FRB5 with a stiff spring would probably be good, or any LP regulated to 12psi. If you want the quickest, cheapest option, there is a direct replacement (stock body) LP rated for 14psi that shouldnt cause much issue. The Airtex E8153, literally stock replacement but 14psi, not as good as Walbro, but cheap and fastest install. Too much pressure might cause excessive smoke up at elevation. I dont know if its reliable, but it will let you know if the IP likes higher inlet pressure and helps at high RPMs.

Also need to make sure the LP power load is taken off the OPS.

The DB2 may not like as much pressure as a DS4 can handle, with the timing not externally controlled, but with internal pressures, so I would probably put 9psi into the IP, and have a pump that can actually maintain it at 9psi with demand, 6psi minimum. With the fuel filter being a restriction, then a 12psi pump or just regulating one down to 12 might be good. Some lift pumps dead head on the FFM, and some dont cut themselves off when they reach the pressure. The FRC-10 does not dead head I do not think. An FRB5 with a stiff spring would probably be good, or any LP regulated to 12psi. If you want the quickest, cheapest option, there is a direct replacement (stock body) LP rated for 14psi that shouldnt cause much issue. The Airtex E8153, literally stock replacement but 14psi, not as good as Walbro, but cheap and fastest install. Too much pressure might cause excessive smoke up at elevation. I dont know if its reliable, but it will let you know if the IP likes higher inlet pressure and helps at high RPMs.

Also need to make sure the LP power load is taken off the OPS.

You are correct again but I have been rebuilding DB pumps when they were on the 5.7 liter diesel. Stanadyne school I know how to set them up with the extra fuel pressure. Case pressure affects timing, plain and simple. Yep back in 1985 I was rebuilding those figure it out.

Airtex wont hold 14 psi with the DB 2 at least the one I had didn't. shit canned it after one day on my generator 6.2 NA 25kw 50,000 surge home built , holds + or - seven tenths of a hert at 1800 rpm with the voltage at 125 and herts at 59.5 to 60.1 under load. The only issue I have with it is there is the sine wave is not perfect it has a steeper leading edge and a slightly rounded trailing edge. But that is a mechanical issue with how the generator is set up or it may just be from the play in the u joints, clean enough to run anything I want at anytime at 2 gallons an hour under 75 percent load. It was a nice winter project a few years back. But I digress. One more beer please. Ich Mochte Eine Beer Bitte

Back