• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ATT Dyno #2

6.5L

Old Iron Runner
Reaction score
Well I put my trucks on the rollers again, this time with the regular sized ATT housing. Same dyno. Same exact truck, no new modifications. It put down 274rwhp at roughly 3400rpm and 430ft lbs. at roughly 3000 rpm. I will post up the pics of the dyno sheet either tomorrow or the next day when I got some free time. Sorry its not sooner but it is late and I am beat. I also managed to get a video this time for you guys. I am gonna go check it out and see how it turned out. Hopefully my camera guy did a good job haha. Just thought I'd keep you updated.

Yeah. just for comparison, With my GM-3 I made 203rwhp and 331ft lbs. With the large ATT housing, I made 260rwhp and 400ft lbs. With the regular sized ATT I just put down 274rwhp and 430ft lbs. a 14rwhp gain and 30ft lbs for a housing swap. but I am working on a little something now that should put me over 300hp and hopefully well over 500ft lbs. This will happen in about another 4 weeks when I get time. I am gonna post up a dyno sheet. I got the picture. Video turned out great but I wont be able to get that up until later.

Cropped Dyno Run.jpg

Are you going to leave the fuel rate where it is for the next run?

That depends. In the video he had me punch it from 1500rpm so it smokes for a second then cleans up good so I may be a little lean at the moment, but once I get all this stuff worked out here in the next few weeks, I am more than likely going to add more fuel. I am not 100% sure though. I will see how it performs after some tweaking.

Keep us posted, dyno runs aren't free but it would be interesting to see what your mods do with the same fuel.

Very nice. Also got the torque in a bit lower, and I am guessing the curve rises faster than before. Would be great to know what boost you ended up seeing, which might suggest whether more fueling is alright without an intercooler. I believe the DS4 IP outputs more fuel at low RPMs, at least from DB2 flow sheets I have seen, so the DS4 is likely to produce higher torque sooner, where it might actually help make more peak torque around 2400rpm. I wonder if AMG updated the camshaft on the optimizer engines, or went with Delta grind in them? Would be interesting to figure out since they improved other areas.

And I really am sorry guys, but I wasnt able to score a dyno graph with this one. Literally, the printer broke after the first page it printed out of my results. I made two more runs all within 2rwhp of each other so it was consistant. Best I could get. Again, Im sorry

Very nice numbers there. Real cool to see your less then 30hp away from that 300hp mark

Sounds like your in need of upping the fuel some, should really get you closer to 300hp

What other mods do you have lined up?

Nice numbers 6.5,from a relatively stock truck. I would think someone other than yourself would pony up that other turbo, to try it out on a known test bed truck. I think 300 horse at the rear wheels is do able. I don't see you needing an intercooler, not running that high of an IAT. I think that has pretty well been documented.

Yeah, no offense to the people running them, but I will never install an intercooler on my truck. It will never need it. Not on a 6.5L really unless running more than 25psi in my opinion. I cant see it being that useful. And I got a cold air intake. I am running an AFE Stage II. The hood seals the box pretty tight actually and my turbo blanket on my ATT keeps my underhood temps surprisingly cool. It isnt the best cold air intake, I know this. But I cant see that drawing in slightly cooler air would honestly be that much more beneficial. I knew this buying the AFE. My theory was I just need to be able to access maximum air through a large filter instead of the tiny restrictive panel filter. That was my reason for the AFE.

Getting cooler intake air is a good thing. Like I said I don't think an intercooler is necessary with the A-Team Turbo. Did you ever get the video up?

Back