• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A military rebuilt 6.5

There are better out there, just thought I'd point that out.
That's possible. When I first bought this thing I just did some searching and I probably drank the Stanadyne Kool-Aid when reading their literature. What would you guys say is a better additive? Where is a good place to search for this info? Most info I have found seems to be very subjective.

Progress. The new IP showed up today. It was a nice looking piece and packaged really nicely. Yes I did remove the old black PMD before installing it, I have that on the shelf as my 3rd in line, super emergency PMD. :cool:

I had the old pump off in an hour and a half which I didn't think was too bad. I had an idea in the middle of the night and it worked out really well. My butt clinched thinking about an IP gear bolt falling sown in the front cover. And it didn't sound fun removing the water pump so I would have more room to work, soooo.....I thought why not stick a tube through the hole while wrenching so the bolt can't fall down!? I found the perfect piece of exhaust adapter - 1-1/2" ID x 1-3/8" OD at Autozone. It worked perfectly and cost me $3, the cheapest tool I have bought in a long time and what a time and stress saver!!!

I'm really close to having it to fire, but it's getting later so I won't be able to give it a good once over when it fires up, and I have a pretty lady waiting inside for me....so the front of the engine will wait until tomorrow. Not bad for a partial night of work though. I can't wait to fire it up tomorrow (assuming it finally isn't missing).:rolleyes:image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I thought you were going to fix your pump?

Either way, that was shipped fast, damn.

Edit-nevermind, went back and reread.

Good idea on the muffler pipe, better patent it before Leroy claims the idea as his and demands a royalty:rolleyes:

Fingers crossed on pump.
Funny you should say that. Patent # 6500-6500 is my patent for a "tubethingtokeepboltsfromfalling" and yes there is a .50 per use royalty.
Leo Im still waiting for the .50 you owe me for the valve cover guide thingy. :bored:

Last edited:
Funny you should say that. Patent # 6500-6500 is my patent for a "tubethingtokeepboltsfromfalling" and yes there is a .50 per use royalty.
Leo Im still waiting for the .50 you owe me for the valve cover guide thingy. :bored:
I hope you are patient.;)

I do 1oz. to 1 gal. of 2 stroke.
Yeah the 2 stroke sounds like a good way to go, but unlike you warm weather folks, I'm going to need to figure out something that has anti-gel for the winter. So I may run 2 stroke in the summer and something else in the winter or I may find an anti-gel additive to run in addition to 2 stroke in the winter. Looks like I have more additive research to do......

Soon we'll see a better running diesel............
Gosh, I sure hope so, FT!

Back