• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A military rebuilt 6.5

Nate, I emailed the guy that created and sells the carcode program to see if it would work with windows 8, and what add ons I needed. This was this past Monday and I have still have not received a response. If I cant get a response on purchasing his programming, what's going to happen when I need customer support or service. I am now reconsidering getting carcode.

I could try that, but it's actually 70*F here today! So I don't think it's freezing.
Ok, no freezing however that membrane can clog sooner then later so try removing it road salt could be a problem
Nate, I emailed the guy that created and sells the carcode program to see if it would work with windows 8, and what add ons I needed. This was this past Monday and I have still have not received a response. If I cant get a response on purchasing his programming, what's going to happen when I need customer support or service. I am now reconsidering getting carcode.
WIN 7 32 bit is highest, however it will work on older OS. For the money and all the controllers its comes with its a bargain I've used it like since it came out no issues.

All good info. It does seem like it's worth it for the money, especially since others on this site are using it, so they/we, can kind of be the support. My laptop has XP on it, so as long as it proves reliable that's what I'll be using.

I guess I would need an older laptop with a earlier version of windows?
That would be the sure way, but yeah, it would be nice if they got back to you so you could know if it works. I was wondering that myself, you can get cheap tablets with 8 on them.

They were reasonably prompt in replying to me, my cable was no good when I received mine.

Getting an older toughbook is a good idea. The Laptop I currently use with Vista has power issues due to my dog yanking the power cord out on accident. I wish they they would update the software for use on my W8 OS. There is a feature on Win 8 that will pretend to be an older version, I am not skilled enough to figure it out. I like carcode though, its fairly easy to figure out and allows you to lots to these trucks for little money.

Any late breaking, or?
It's taking a while to get the old laptop up and running. I got the hard drive wiped and reformatted and it's running well but Microsoft has made difficult to update a clean install of XP so now I'm working on that. Once it's updated then I'll get Car Code.

The truck is running well and it's a blast to drive around. It moves pretty good just using half-ish throttle. I'm at 600 miles now so the break-in is coming along nicely. It still shakes but I've decided I need to get Car Code so I can data log and maybe get a better idea what's going on. My EGTs are also a bit high, so maybe I'm too retarded or maybe this combo likes more advance than normal? Or maybe I'll find imbalanced injectors? Not sure. So I'm not going to do anything else until I have Car Code in my hands so I can do some more meaningful diagnostic work. I'm pretty happy with it though overall. So far no oil or coolant leaks so that makes me happy.

My egt's were like that(high), till I got carcode and timed it proper like. The timing was way off, but within range that no codes appeared. You are smart to leave it alone till you get a laptop on it.

Getting an older toughbook is a good idea. The Laptop I currently use with Vista has power issues due to my dog yanking the power cord out on accident. I wish they they would update the software for use on my W8 OS. There is a feature on Win 8 that will pretend to be an older version, I am not skilled enough to figure it out. I like carcode though, its fairly easy to figure out and allows you to lots to these trucks for little money.
I tried the virtual side of win 7 pro to run vista it would not run carcode.

A toughbook can be had loaded w/almost any win os but it has to be 32 bit and best used for carcode only and you'll never have issues.

It's taking a while to get the old laptop up and running. I got the hard drive wiped and reformatted and it's running well but Microsoft has made difficult to update a clean install of XP so now I'm working on that. Once it's updated then I'll get Car Code.

The truck is running well and it's a blast to drive around. It moves pretty good just using half-ish throttle. I'm at 600 miles now so the break-in is coming along nicely. It still shakes but I've decided I need to get Car Code so I can data log and maybe get a better idea what's going on. My EGTs are also a bit high, so maybe I'm too retarded or maybe this combo likes more advance than normal? Or maybe I'll find imbalanced injectors? Not sure. So I'm not going to do anything else until I have Car Code in my hands so I can do some more meaningful diagnostic work. I'm pretty happy with it though overall. So far no oil or coolant leaks so that makes me happy.

When warming up does the stepper motor reduce the idle rpm's, or?

Pop testers are cheap now and plenty of adjustment disks and springs are available to tune your injectors yourself.

IMHO, CarCode is the best bang for the buck and when you get use to it there will be no turning back.

Back