• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

95 Yukon Rebuild Thread

Ive always wondered about using CLR. Anyone try that?
I have my coolant tank off the truck that I flushed the other day, still has some rusty areas in it. Thinking to soak it with CLR and see how it does.

I've used it a few times, but had a problem with a truck with the newest dexcool in it. If you run the newest dexcool, flush with a ton of water first.

Tracked down some Thoro-Flush. CARQUEST was the only local auto parts store that carried it. CARQUEST Part Number: 911016 $13.59 a bottle. One bottle per 6 gallons. Mfg is Irontite.

Planning on a drain - refill with distilled and up to temp then drain to get the coolant out before I use the Thoro-Flush.

Round 2 on flushing system. Drained coolant, fill with distilled-up to temp heater on-drain, Thoro-Flush with distilled-10 min flush per directions-drain, fill and flush with heater return hose to drain pan (25 gallons) pretty clear - filled with distilled-up to temp-drain.

Here's what I had after draining last fill with distilled water. 45 gallons on this trip to the recycling center. This stopped being fun/challenging about 20 gallons ago. I'm ready to admit defeat and go ahead and put the new water pump and hoses on......

006.JPG

Alternator upgrade to AD244. Started on this, and ran into a few challenges. Existing wiring harness connector for the alternator is CS style, and I need a CS130D style for the AD244 alternator. Power cable to the battery is also different size. On the '95 the cable is smaller and has a 12 molded in at the fuse. My '06 duramax has the AD244 alternator and cable is larger and marked with an 8. None of the local autoparts stores have a pigtail for the connector and the cable only comes as part of a battery cable set for $280.

Made a bracket for the top mount going to the tensioner bolt. There is a clearance problem with the rear support going to the bottom mount.

Questions for members: Suggestions on solution to connector and battery cable problems would be helpful. Is an additional support on the top mount in order (I can bring a support up from a stud going into on the water pump from underneath the tensioner for a front support. Suggestions or pics on modifying the rear lower support bracket. OR Should I just go ahead and go with a DS144 and avoid these problems?
007.JPG

I want to say you need a CS 144 (been to long) it will have correct style plug again IIRC. The ad244 is for 96 & up, but if it fits then you should be able to make it work.

The CS144 uses the same style plug as the CS-130. The CS-130D uses the AD style plug. As posted above, 95- normally go with a CS-144, and 96+ go with a AD244 as they use the correct plugs. As to the charge lug, IIRC it is just a 5/16" stud, so I crimp and solder a 5/16" battery lug onto the charge lead. If you have the original charge wire from your CS-130 alternator, it will need to be upgraded to run the 140 amp alternator if you don't want to have to worry about popping the fusible link.

Back