• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

93 K2500 Mechanical with an ATT ?

Your other choice would be as follows:

Is the van worth less than $2500.00? Here is what you can do for $2500.

Looks like my favorite low mile 6.2 dealer Boyce Equipment out of Utah is up to $1500 for a tested low mile 6.2 diesel (up from $950.00 several years ago). Swap heads to 6.5 heads is optional as long as the precups are made larger or swapped. There is someone on here selling used heads for cheap. New rings and you are good to go.

The 6.5 engines do command more money vs. the 6.2 engine. It's not worth more money to get a bored to 6.5 from a 6.2 diesel engine. This is coming from some of the the most cash strapped members on here. I dropped in a 6.2 engine with ARP head studs, oil cooler kit, and a new starter for less than $2000.00. The price has gone up $600 since I did that and I recommend rings ($60 standard to over $300 for gapless P/N S5565) and precup changes since doing that. The differences like oil pan rear main seal, oil cooler line size, etc. are not worth the extra cash to get a used 6.5.

Thanks for the great advice, and it will be something to think about, if the block in the truck ends up being junk. I do like my van, as its been a great service van. It has both an air compressor, and generator mounted inside of it, which has made it very handy for service calls. While it might bring $2500, it would take time to sell it at that price in my part of the country, as older vehicles sell pretty cheap around here.
Do you happen to know what member is selling the heads cheap? If the block does turn out to be ok, it most certainly will need a head, and maybe two. Thanks

Matt

And WMI would be water/METHANOL injection. I am running methanol with mine. FRB-5 I don't think is a discontinued pump. It is just the lift pump for the mechanical injection pumps while the FRC-10 is the lift pump for the electronic injection pumps. And I am going to try to step up to a Full Moose injection pump. They say they can put out around 100-110cc's, which would be a nice step up. Roughly another 25-30cc's above where I am at now. Still waiting to hear back from them. May call. Feel free to go here to check out the truck.
http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?42605-Picture-day

WMI= water mist injection

FRB-5 is a discontinued "Walbro" lift pump. Leroy Diesel now sells the FRC-10

And WMI would be water/METHANOL injection. I am running methanol with mine. FRB-5 I don't think is a discontinued pump. It is just the lift pump for the mechanical injection pumps while the FRC-10 is the lift pump for the electronic injection pumps. And I am going to try to step up to a Full Moose injection pump. They say they can put out around 100-110cc's, which would be a nice step up. Roughly another 25-30cc's above where I am at now. Still waiting to hear back from them. May call. Feel free to go here to check out the truck.

FRB5 is still available. It better suited to the DB2 IPs and the FRC10 to the DS4 IPs as 6.5L said.
I had my NA precups machined out to a much larger size. Check to see if your truck precups will fit the van heads or just run the truck heads?

WMI= water mist injection

FRB-5 is a discontinued "Walbro" lift pump. Leroy Diesel now sells the FRC-10

FRB5 is still available. It better suited to the DB2 IPs and the FRC10 to the DS4 IPs as 6.5L said.
I had my NA precups machined out to a much larger size. Check to see if your truck precups will fit the van heads or just run the truck heads?

Thanks for the advice. By the way, you have some nice stuff in your store! I saw the FRC10 pump there, but I didn't see the FRB5. Do you sell them?

Matt

Yeah, just shoot him an email or a PM on here. Make sure to get the fittings and everything too if you go that route. Made install SO much easier. I'd also recommend the pre-lift pump filter kit

I understand not wanting to share numbers because people seem to take it personal talking about turbos. What I would really like to see though, is the difference in peak hp/tq if you make a pull with and without WMI.

I am going to do a WMI vs NO WMI next time I dyno. I am curious. And EVERY one of my dyno threads turned into a fricken mess of people shaking there dicks at each other, arguments, that stuff. Gets old

I'll be heading out early tomorrow morning to pick the truck up. Its 1000 mile round trip from here to Dallas, so I'll get back tomorrow evening, and I'll try to post some pics of the truck Monday. Thanks

Matt

I'll be heading out early tomorrow morning to pick the truck up. Its 1000 mile round trip from here to Dallas, so I'll get back tomorrow evening, and I'll try to post some pics of the truck Monday.

I traded my 1974 Wheel Horse C-160 garden tractor with tiller, and mowing deck for the truck. Even trade. I didn't really want to get rid of my Horse, but I really wanted the truck, and he really wanted the tractor, so both of us are happy. Here is a pic of the tractor I traded. Thanks

Matt

Attachments

• P1230006 (800x600).jpg
    P1230006 (800x600).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 12
Thats a long drive. You can swing by here and pick up a Diamond Eye system for it :hihi:

Thats a long drive. You can swing by here and pick up a Diamond Eye system for it :hihi:
Man Leroy, stop tempting me!:hihi: I think I better worry about getting the engine back in shape before buying upgrades. I just realized your in Houston, which is only about 325 miles from me, and I have a sister there, so I'm up there 4-5 times a year. :thumbsup:

Matt

And WarWagon, do we have different precups? I never changed mine in the Optimizer when I got it, I still have the 6.5L NA Military cups in. When I do headstuds I am going to swap to the precups out of my 599 block. Much larger. 2nd largest to Diamonds I think, and only by a tit hair. Should work nicely

precups.jpg

I don't know for sure but I think I have civilian 6.5 NA precups. Square in the head on the right. 1995 turbo sitting on top and 6.2 military NA on left in head.

Well, I got the truck home! Its no beauty queen, but it will be a great project. The engine has been left without a cylinder head on it for over a year, and it has rust in the cylinders, which is really to bad considering you can still see the crosshatch in the cylinders, as you can probably see in the pic below. While the truck has surface rust on the frame, etc, it has no real rust at all, as its been a Texas truck all of its life, so no salted roads! The interior is filthy, but no ripped seats or cracks, and it obvious its always had its floor mats in place. It also cam with a front brush guard thats not currently on the truck.
Here are a few pics of the truck in front of my shop. I'll pull the engine this weekend to check it out, but its not likely I'll be using this block. Thanks

Matt

Attachments

• P5190152 (1024x768).jpg
    P5190152 (1024x768).jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 21
  • P5190154 (1024x768).jpg
    P5190154 (1024x768).jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 23
  • P5190155 (1024x768).jpg
    P5190155 (1024x768).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 20
  • P5190156 (1024x768).jpg
    P5190156 (1024x768).jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 19
  • P5190157 (1024x768).jpg
    P5190157 (1024x768).jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 18
  • P5190158 (1024x768).jpg
    P5190158 (1024x768).jpg
    80 KB · Views: 18
  • P5190159 (1024x768).jpg
    P5190159 (1024x768).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 19
  • P5190160 (1024x768).jpg
    P5190160 (1024x768).jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 18
  • P5190161 (1024x768).jpg
    P5190161 (1024x768).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 18
My last 93 started out about like that and it was a fine truck when I sold it. (never should have)

Back