• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L TD Motorhome repair/repower

The fish heads and rice being all that Jody and his wife can afford to eat since he's dumped so much unplanned for money into the motorhome!:arghh:

On the trip, I noticed the on long hills the engine temp would rise to 210 and the EGT would climb to 1200+. My best mpg was 11.9 and the worst was 9. I found that I would get the best mpg at around 55 mph and boost below 10psi.

When I get it back, I want to install the intercooler that I have. I got one from a GM van with a Duramax. It should fit nicely. The next upgrade from there will be the water/meth kit that's sitting in the box waiting (for a couple years now).[/QUOTE]
With your LT225/70-19.5 tires and 4:10 rear you should be in the motor's efficiency "sweet spot" of 1800-1900 rpm @ 55mph. IIRC on the way back from Reno, we calculated a 4:10 rear ratio based off of the rpm and road speed for the tire height. Sounds like an overdrive is on the list to drop those rpms down at Interstate speeds! :woot: Remember pulling that grade on I-80 coming out of Laramie heading to Cheyenne? I had that thing floored going 40-45 mph up that grade (passed a few semi's, too) and I shudder to think what the EGT's may have been. On the other hand, it was about 0°F out, so it had nice, cold air into the turbo intake!

Wow! Even deeper than I thought I remembered. Of course, that road trip to Reno to get the motorhome was what, six years ago this month, Jody?

I thought those were called Converse Chuck Taylors, Jay.

Don't forget the Blaze Orange Great White North hunter's cap (with the ear flaps turned up) to finish the ensemble off with, either!

Squashsquatch?
Not sashsquatch, squashsquatch. The color of the feet of the Terror of the North Woods!

Well, back on topic. Now that's warming up some, I think it's time to start finishing the motorhome project to get it ready for a summer of fun. (hopefully NOT like last year)

30 deg.jpg

Come on down for Zoofest, spend a few days as we have several microbreweries that make damn fine beers and also give taste tours/have taprooms/have restaurants. We also have two companies here in town that manufacture stainless steel equipment for international microbreweries/craft breweries, too.

Warmer weather is here again. Maybe even over 30* for you up there. Any miles getting put on the p400?

When that 6.2 rv thread showed up the other day, got me to thinking a race would be funny between you two. Any power or mpg comparison of your before and after?

Back