• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2013 lost rail psi

I've read this is a known issue with lml's that get a cp3 conversion and tuning that isn't up to par. The tuning was updated, wasn't it? The stock cp4 system uses 2 fuel control valves(aka regulators), and when you switch to a cp3, you need custom tuning that supposedly isn't obtainable with what efilive has to offer, and required custom files to get the quirks worked out.

The trans getting warm or not has nothing to do with it. You need to datalog it and see if it's slipping. I know there is pid's for turbine speed, input speed, output speed, tcc slippage, gear ratio, and clutch slippage. Log them and see if the trans is slipping or not, then you know. If the trans isn't slipping but you're still having issues, you'll know it's in the tuning.

Pulling a trailer around today my actual rail psi is all over the place above and below the desired psi.

Can efi live fix it?
Yes, but I've heard it requires a tuner with the cax files for all the rail valve tables to do it. This is a common problem on cp3 swapped lml's, and the regular efilive tables don't always fix it.

Yes, but I've heard it requires a tuner with the cax files for all the rail valve tables to do it. This is a common problem on cp3 swapped lml's, and the regular efilive tables don't always fix it.

I talked to their main tuner today and he said he has seen it before and needs a datalog. He said nothing about the transmission slipping, hope he can figure it out.

Dang, that does not sound fun! Hopefully they can get it sorted out and it can get back to making money.

Dont dump it too soon, make her work for her oats for a while. :)

I'm affraid to break the big pig now... It actually runs great other than the rail psi and slightly high egts but this truck has always ran on the warm side for some reason.

The goal is just to make it last until I find a suitable gas or maybe 6.5 unit to take over until i get rid of the bitter taste.

Also I am no longer making much money with just the truck. I can mount all of my tools and fuel tanks on any old rig. 90% of my hay has been sold to people who send their own trucks so that puts it out of the delivery business, the only thing it does is short equipment hauls these days and a minor hay delivery.

I'm just cutting it loose before something else happens. In another 8k miles it will be time for my yearly brake rebuild (rotors, calipers, and pads) the 2nd master cylinder is starting to leak, there are codes popping up left and right now (glow plugs, low oil level, pour quality def, water in fuel, random crap mostly), and I am just sick of seeing it.

Glow plugs all are getting 12v and none are open circuit. Code is for the module and I tried a known good one with no change.

Back