• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1995 Chevrolet C3500-HD

10 is high which will give you good throttle control. But 700 doesn't sound like a hot idle speed, should be down around 550-600 iirc.

I moved the OS (eye ball). Moving it toward the passenger side is negative.
I did have 9 to 10. I know have 5 to 6.
I might move it again in a few weeks. It is running much better.
My next major purchase will be a fan clutch. Mine is toast!!!

This is what I found.

ACDelco 88894035 Water pump
AC Delco 20788261 Fan clutch
AC Delco 1580920 Fan blade
Hayden 3651 Cooling fan controller
Option pigtail AC Delco PT2785

This sound about right?

Should I upgrade to the duel thermostat while I have everything else ripped out of the way?

My buddy and I are running this set up and his comment was this is how the 6.5 should have come from the factory. Engagement based on engine temps vs hot air thru the rad. In our cooler temps I could easily get the engine too hot before the clutch engaged. Now I don't even think about it the gauge stays pretty steady

The single stat with block off seems to outdo the dual stats even with a restrictor slightly.
If you switch to duals, make sure you use a restrictor in the stat to waterpump line like Leroy’s brf. iirc n8in8or showed pics of his homemade one in his build thread.

You don’t want to run a single that doesn’t have the block off.

Truck will not start.
It started intermittently and at the moment will not start at all.
The starter will not spin.
I replaced the battery cable that runs from the starter to the battery.
Still nothing.

Is there a way to bypass the ignition switch to the starter?

Anybody have any other ideas?
Thanks,

yes but the hard part is getting to it. thew wire on the small terminal of the selenoid is the wire from the ign

Pop the starter relay out in the underhood fuse panel. You'll have to find the 30 pin and the 87 pins(jump the wrong ones and you get melted wires). Also try putting it in nuetral instead of park. Sometimes the park portion of the nsbu fails.

I have no relay for the starter under the hood, at-least not in the fuse panel.
Can someone guide me to where this relay is?

It will start with a starter switch connected externally.

Any other ideas?

so your hooking that directly to your starter? Have you verified power to the small wire one the selenoid with the key in the start position?

I went and bypassed the clutch switch. Still no start.

Yes, that hooks directly to the starter. I just turn the key on and use that as a starting mechanism.
No, I am here by my self. Have no way to do that.

Back