• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1995 Chevrolet C3500-HD

Well I know now why people convert these too mechanical. She left me stranded!
I ordered the GMTD Scan from Leroy last night. I also ordered the cable.
I am going to guess that either the CPS went out or a wire came partially unplugged.
It was acting up last night. I would maybe get a mile or two down the road and then it would go into limp mode.

Time to get my hands dirty!

Not sure what fixed it, but she is back to the living!
A free fix beats the hell out of one that cost you.

I can't wait to play with the GMTD Scan tool!!!

True, very true. I unplugged and cleaned every connection off the pump I could get.
One day, the culprit will show it's ugly head.

There was just about everything you could need in that box I sent you short of a spare PMD. Unfortunately that is what normally causes the mysterious shuttting off, and self fixxing itself.

There was just about everything you could need in that box I sent you short of a spare PMD. Unfortunately that is what normally causes the mysterious shuttting off, and self fixxing itself.

Yes, Thanks again!!!!
I am trying not to use what you sent till I get the eye swapped out.
Then I will try to track down what is causing my headaches.

All I really want is the A/C to work. Even that has been fighting me every step of the way.

Can someone explain exactly where the passenger side ground cable goes from the battery.
Mine is connected to one of the turbo drain bolts on the block.
I feel this might be causing some of my issues.
explanations would be great!
A picture would be awesome!!!!!!!
Thanks,

Intake, timing cover, starter brace bolt... are all good. I try and avoid cooling system parts due to corrosion and induced current in coolant. Oil is an insulator and thus turbo drain isn't the best. Leaks and bad connection...

Intake, timing cover, starter brace bolt... are all good. I try and avoid cooling system parts due to corrosion and induced current in coolant. Oil is an insulator and thus turbo drain isn't the best. Leaks and bad connection...
Thanks! I will try the starter brace bolt. I agree the oil drain is covered in oil and is being leaked on constantly.

Back