• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

12/20/09 Seat belts,who uses them?

12/20/09 Seat belts. Do you use them?

• Yes

Votes: 77 72.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 12.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • My truck is so old they did not come with them.

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
Tim, The law has been changed and pickup trucks are included in having to wear a seat belt.
If I remember hearing correctly on radio before I came back to Ms from Ga I think the belt law for trucks and the mega fines for speeders went into full force 1 Jan., 2010 http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2010/01/01/met_561617.shtml I looked on web just a moment ago saw no updates to the belt portion of the law so maybe that hasn't gone fully in force yet.

I always wear mine. It's much more of a habit than a rule - I just reach for it without thinking every time I get in. I spent a lot of time on USAF bases when I was a kid, so it's just something I've always done.
I don't care if any adult passengers wear theirs or not.
I don't think we need fedral mandates (read: laws) requiring seat belts, helmets or other personal protective equipment either. I suppose that right was lost nearly 150 years ago, however.

Older vehicles had a comfort feature that allowed you to correctly position the belt and then pull out slightly to release the constant tension.

Ya know out of habit I still give my seatbelt a slight pull away from my chest after I click it. Just part of my routine on how I put it on. Of course nowadays it just snaps right back :rolleyes5:

On the very first vehicle I had that came with the "new" seatbelts I actually took it back telling them I think there's something wrong. Little did I know at the time.

I vote no, I know, I know if I roll over I am dead yeah yeah yeah I know. I use it on the interstate for long trips but never around town. I dont like the law, its big brother telling me what to do. Im not hurting anyone but myself. If I get in a crash dont revive me or send an ambulance. We should also have a law saying you cant be over weight, you must get a flu shot, and turn your cell phone off when pumping gas.
Everyone has there opinion on this, and that is mine. flame on, but hopefully no one hates me for it as I mean no harm :eek:
i'm with ye on this :thumbsup:

guys and gals, please use your seatbelt. from an emt and personal experience they do work. it only takes a few seconds to click it on so please do it

Used to have a 1/4 mile long driveway on the farm...when I got out to get the mail and hopped back in it felt WRONG to drive that far on a private gravel drive without it on.

Used to have a 1/4 mile long driveway on the farm...when I got out to get the mail and hopped back in it felt WRONG to drive that far on a private gravel drive without it on.

always better safe than sorry! ive been to a low speed rollover in a persons driveway, one tire went in the ditch and it flipped right over into the ditch. lady was handing her screaming baby a pacifier in the back seat and looked away for a split second. thankfully no one was seriously hurt except the ferd exploder. the mom had her seat belt on as well.....

My Tahoe has the 5% tint on the side windows, dark red interior = real hard to see inside, my other truck was built before seat belts.

Georgia's seat belt law for pickups finally went into affect July 1, 2010. Little or no advertising and the LEO are stopping folks and giving them a warning tyhis first month. So if you live in GA or are passing through be aware.

Georgia's seat belt law for pickups finally went into affect July 1, 2010. Little or no advertising and the LEO are stopping folks and giving them a warning tyhis first month. So if you live in GA or are passing through be aware.

What is the new seatbelt law for pickups in Georgia?

Iknow. Georgia was the last hold out and it just became to expensive to lose at the Federal funds that were with held do to the State not complying to Federal guide lines. What bunk!!! The states are suppose to regulate themselves not the Fed.

I hate the contraptions but hang it over my shoulder only around town to fool them rotten ticket breeders(cops).
I feel a seatbelt wont save you if your luck runs out and your number is up.

Glad to see so many people here are happy about making other people clean up the mess they leave. I had a nice call the other day. 15 y/o boy, ejected and killed... if he had been contained in the vehicle he would have survived.

if you don't care about yourself, then care about the people that will have to clean up the mess you leave if you don't wear it.

Back