• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1969 IH 1300D 4X4 - Pump Truck

You don't happen to know this guy named Murphy, do you?

Is there a ⁷/¹⁶" female x ⅜" male bushing you could use to reduce the fitting size and avoid either waiting on new w/c's or making new lines with 3/8" fittings on the ends?

I think I do know that unforgiving individual.....

Def a good idea that I didnt even think of. Luckily I already placed an overnight order from RA for the correct ones to be here by 10:30 tomorrow. I tried NAPA, Advance Auto and Autozone with this part being special order due to the 7/16 fitting. They had 3/8 all day long.

Trying to get this done prior to installing the rear drums, axle nuts and axle flanges. Lots of work to pull off again. Gonna be a late night tomorrow......

Last night was a joke...

Found out my rear WC are wrong. 2 options at RockAuto and I got the wrong once. Didnt realize till now I need ones with 1 & 1/8 bore with 7/16 fitting. I got 3/8. Would have been nice if RA notified the buyer of different sized parts under the same listing.

Let them know, when people aren’t speaking to a person there just needs to be a red&yellow banner above it so they can tell.
@RockAutoLLC

Last edited:
Let them know, when people aren’t speaking to a person there just needs to be a red&yellow banner above it so they can tell.
@RockAutoLLC

In reaching out to NAPA they only list rear WC's in the 3/8's flavor with 7/16's special order. For them to get the Wagner part would have taken a week from Omaha, NE. I also looked at Autozone who has both sizes listed for my truck but the 7/16's is special order.

My feeling is at least RockAuto needs to list the fittings size on each WC when you hit info. I did see several parts were lacking that information when selected. I may have had a chance in picking up on it if this was the case.

Omaha is 45 minutes from my house. I could pick them up and UPS them to you from Omaha if it would be faster/cheaper than having NAPA do the shipping to your local store, and if picking up from their distribution warehouse is possible..

I noticed that for swaybar bushings, there are the cheap ones that you know are rubber, and then the 3-4 times the price "Premium" bushings, but in the descriptions for every brand there is NO mention of what material, rubber or polyurethane, in the description of any of the bushings listed in Economy, Daily Driver or Premium. @RockAutoLLC

Omaha is 45 minutes from my house. I could pick them up and UPS them to you from Omaha if it would be faster/cheaper than having NAPA do the shipping to your local store, and if picking up from their distribution warehouse is possible..
Thanks for the help!
Ended up installing the new ones from RockAuto I overnighted. Truck is rolling. Need brakes adjusted and I have a leak somewhere now.

Thanks for the help!
Ended up installing the new ones from RockAuto I overnighted. Truck is rolling. Need brakes adjusted and I have a leak somewhere now.
Well, now that everything under there is cleaned up and pretty, it should be really easy to see where the leak is coming from. Most likely from a flarenut not tightened down enough (and hopefully NOT cross-threaded) and not one of the old lines that wasn't replaced giving way. Besides, who needs brakes when you have the wall of the shed to stop you? :joyful:

Well, now that everything under there is cleaned up and pretty, it should be really easy to see where the leak is coming from. Most likely from a flarenut not tightened down enough (and hopefully NOT cross-threaded) and not one of the old lines that wasn't replaced giving way. Besides, who needs brakes when you have the wall of the shed to stop you? :joyful:
Stewing on it overnight I think Its the connection at the block on the axle. We will see next time I go back.

Here in Boulder City, we have 4th of July parade and anyone can be in the parade. There is a dividing line where at one part the the first 25 or so go through dry, then the rest of the parade becomes a huge water fight with all the people watching. A few years back they ruled out water balloons after a couple youngins got hurt... but there are some well equipped trucks that spray water.

I'm thinking that truck of yours could be mighty fun...

I would not paint the truck, the faded red looks cool imo. But the box on the rear fender could use some red primer or something to match the faded red.

Looking good, before long it will be as follows:

Squad 1231, brush fire up on Whipper Will Drive, see the man that's holding the rake...…………. :) :smuggrin:

Ah yes remember Squad 51 from Emergency? Their Truck was a Dodge, but I think you would have the better Truck.

Ok for you young uns, here is the info for the Squad 51 Emergency show from way back when.

!

Here in Boulder City, we have 4th of July parade and anyone can be in the parade. There is a dividing line where at one part the the first 25 or so go through dry, then the rest of the parade becomes a huge water fight with all the people watching. A few years back they ruled out water balloons after a couple youngins got hurt... but there are some well equipped trucks that spray water.

I'm thinking that truck of yours could be mighty fun...

I would not paint the truck, the faded red looks cool imo. But the box on the rear fender could use some red primer or something to match the faded red.

I really want to leave it faded as well. Would love to clearcoat it just the way it is. Agreed on the side cabinets. They are SS and the paint obviously didnt adhere as well.

From what I heard with the new pump this truck was a serious unit for its age! Basically sucking the water from the hydrants as fast as it could get it.

Looking good, before long it will be as follows:

Squad 1231, brush fire up on Whipper Will Drive, see the man that's holding the rake...…………. :) :smuggrin:

Ah yes remember Squad 51 from Emergency? Their Truck was a Dodge, but I think you would have the better Truck.

Ok for you young uns, here is the info for the Squad 51 Emergency show from way back when.

!

This is about 10 years before my time but I actually heard of it. A lot of the old ram trucks share the front and rear axle as in my truck!

Paramedics Gage and DeSoto. The Rescue Squad truck was a Dodge D300 cab and chassis with a service body on it to hold their Paramedic equipment such as a stretcher, rescue basket, ropes, O2 tanks, Aid boxes, Med boxes, defibrillator, field radio, portable EKG unit, smaller ladders, a Porto-Power and Jaws of Life, etc.

Back