• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1969 IH 1300D 4X4 - Pump Truck

Also, if you are going with all new wheel cylinders, master cylinder and hoses/lines, you might as well use silicone brake fluid, too, and avoid any future internal moisture/contamination/corrosion issues.

Also, if you are going with all new wheel cylinders, master cylinder and hoses/lines, you might as well use silicone brake fluid, too, and avoid any future internal moisture/contamination/corrosion issues.

Will see what we get into here. Unfortunately we are hoping to get a new house this year and with the COVID crud my budget for this truck is getting less and less daily. I need this thing driveable to get it out of my shop and to my dad's barn.

Will see what we get into here. Unfortunately we are hoping to get a new house this year and with the COVID crud my budget for this truck is getting less and less daily. I need this thing driveable to get it out of my shop and to my dad's barn.
Yeah, in that case, just get it slapped back together so it can be safely moved and then tear it down and do it all new once it's moved AND you have the time and money to finish it.

Nice progress! I've never thought to preassemble the brakes on the backing plate like that - interesting idea.

What paint did you use on your drums?

It made things a ton easier with pre-assembly. All the backing plate bolts are easily accessible with the brake hardware in place. Plus the rear tires are way under the fire apparatus so it's very uncomfortable working there.

I really wanted to paint them with high temp satin black but ended up settling with high temp flat black as I had 3 cans sitting around. Did the same with the rears in some hope it might hold up to the heat.

I have that exact kneeling pad. It's got to be at least 40 years old.View attachment 60489
It's a life saver! I always kneel on my left knee (surgery on the right and may never be able to kneel on that one again). So my left gets sore quick.

Definitely a great little tool to have in any shop! Also keeps the pants from ripping at the knee all the time.

I enlisted in March of '79, and missed 'Nam by 4 years, so that puts you between 63 and 78 years old and I'll guess you at 71 years old, which really isn't that old.
I'm 73. I did 4 campaigns in the Tonkin gulf doing gunfire support aboard a heavy cruiser from early '67 through late '69
FB_IMG_1588206055027.jpg

Last edited:
Last night was a joke...

Found out my rear WC are wrong. 2 options at RockAuto and I got the wrong once. Didnt realize till now I need ones with 1 & 1/8 bore with 7/16 fitting. I got 3/8. Would have been nice if RA notified the buyer of different sized parts under the same listing.

Last night was a joke...

Found out my rear WC are wrong. 2 options at RockAuto and I got the wrong once. Didnt realize till now I need ones with 1 & 1/8 bore with 7/16 fitting. I got 3/8. Would have been nice if RA notified the buyer of different sized parts under the same listing.
You don't happen to know this guy named Murphy, do you?

Is there a ⁷/¹⁶" female x ⅜" male bushing you could use to reduce the fitting size and avoid either waiting on new w/c's or making new lines with 3/8" fittings on the ends?

Back