• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Big name tuners are no longer selling "off road/race" tuning

Private ownership in rural areas will be around for a long time. But in the city it will be a different story. The plan is to share vehicles and take away private ownership. You will get a message on you phone telling you your car needs maintenance. You will then go remove all your belongings and the car will drive its self to the dealership for repairs. Another car will show up in your drive way ready to go. Self driving cars are here and they are going to take away the human element of driving. And they are also tring to take away private repair shops from being able to get a cut of repair work. If you dont own it you wont be able to take it to a private repair shop. This is going to be a big problem for independent mechanics like myself.

Europe is leading the trend when it comes to this because they have a higher tier for emission. Which the US will switch to in the next few years. And of course this means more electric cars. Electric semies are on their way too. There is a reason they are building so many distribution centers all of the states. Electric, self driving trucks will transport goods from one hub to another.

Obd3 is ready to go but its held up in court over privacy laws. But with emission tampering going on everywhere it wont be long till they allow it. Newer vehicle are monitored but with OBD3 you will forced to be connected to the grid. And they will know EVERYTHING you do.

Good point... Sorry I got carried away and moved away from the original topic. I was just trying to share the things I have been told at some recent training classes I've attended. The future of the automotive world is going to be crazy.

Shit like that makes my head ache over the usurpation of American freedom by unelected beaurocrats that demand I subscribe to their methods of thought.
AH, "usurpation's" I suspect you have seen netflix presentation "The Family" and the news of "B" Street exposing the underbelly of the top unelected usurpers who dictate what those in DC are to do day to day if not it's a must see.

Nope.. Never seen anything on obumaflux. Primitive farm town folks like us don't have cable internet.
Well I don't have cable just cellular service; as for obumaflux it's not just leftist running the shows...and usurpation's are exacted by both sides of the isle however party loyalty has most turning a blind eye to it so it goes unchecked by silent consents.

I just got word that the EPA is busting diesel repair shops in PA today. Any one that is in the diesel performance industry needs to be very careful. Do not let them into your shop without a warrant. This is getting ugly fast!!
They're now going after shops that work on deleted trucks. They want to turn the repair industry into a police force.

The Swedes, had some years ago absolute proof that compound turbocharging did more to clean diesel emissions that all the emission devices we are confronted with these days.
The general consensus is that all these devices are more to limit tinkering by the end user.

Yup.

The shops selling cat delete pipes and such are soon to follow. There had been a couple of those fines issued. They always hit one or two in a couple random states to see what “sticks” then go nation wide.
That started 5 years ago when they banned the sale of flo-pro exhaust in the US unless it was proven to be going on a pre-dpf truck. So were WAY past that stage. I need to dig it up, but this new bill that went into effect this year has some SERIOUS teeth in it. They've decided outlawing the products and stopping the sales isn't good enough, it's now illegal to work on one, service one, or to not report one if you see it is there end goal.
The Swedes, had some years ago absolute proof that compound turbocharging did more to clean diesel emissions that all the emission devices we are confronted with these days.
The general consensus is that all these devices are more to limit tinkering by the end user.
We've had that for awhile now. They are now using diesel's and all the filters to clean the air as what comes out of the tailpipe is cleaner than what goes in in many places. Emission control's are not all bad, it wasn't that long ago everybody was cutting the cats off there gas cars because they were restrictive and power robbing, now we have high flow oem cats that provide little to no restriction. All we can hope is that diesels see the same advancements.

Back