• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel line Schematic

The hose I got locally didn't have any writing on it. It was a type of flexible nylon hose with a braided shielding. The system shouldn't exceed 8 inches, but 3-5 inches is normal. There is nothing but a 1/2" supply line that reduces down to 5/16" just before the cp3, and the gear driven pump on the back of the cp3 does all the supply work.

Hmmm. OK. So there really isn't alot of pressure inside these lines. Good to know.
I bought 25 ft of 3/8 line. Coming Friday. I still need to do a Bush Fix. Haven't used truck in a week.
The 1/2" 30R9 fuel line seems to be out of stock at many places that I have checked. I want something that is bio diesel rated. I may just buy that Viton rubber fuel line.
Only thing leaking that I can find is the return line. I gotta drop the fuel cooler today. Bolts are pretty rusted up.

Well..... I fixed my fuel leak. It was a 3/8 return line leak in the metal fuel line just above the fuel cooler. I had to delete the cooler for now. I tried to disconnect the fuel lines going in to the cooler, but I could not get the Lisle tool into it to try the disconnect. Too much rust. So I cut the metal fuel line back to a good spot for now and used clear plastic type hose and 2 small hose clamps for now. Very interesting to see fuel flowing back into tank at idle. Lots more fuel than I thought. I will eventually replace all the metal fuel lines with rubber hose from engine to tank.
Now for the bad news. I found a shock with a busted shock mount right off the rear end. WTF am I going to do now?

I broke the fuel cooler trying to remove the fittings. I broke one loose, the other ripped the cooler open. I sprayed fittings to try and loosen. 20181108_144219.jpg20181108_144226.jpg20181108_152631.jpg20181108_152649.jpg

This here is the #1 reason I live down south. I hate fighting rust, it always wins!
Yes it does Marty. My truck has been very good and reliable. The rust is the worst hurdle I have had to overcome so far.
The underside of my bed is also corroded. So much that I have to beef up the bed with wood or something soon.
Sad.

Hmmm. OK. So there really isn't alot of pressure inside these lines. Good to know.
I bought 25 ft of 3/8 line. Coming Friday. I still need to do a Bush Fix. Haven't used truck in a week.
The 1/2" 30R9 fuel line seems to be out of stock at many places that I have checked. I want something that is bio diesel rated. I may just buy that Viton rubber fuel line.
Only thing leaking that I can find is the return line. I gotta drop the fuel cooler today. Bolts are pretty rusted up.
There is no pressure in the 1/2" line, it runs under a vacuum at all times in stock form.

I called the bolt on company. They dont make them big enough to fit GM rear ends. So it looks like weld on is my only option.

I guess I got no option other than to have new brackets welded on. I hope this csn be done without dropping the rear end.

Back