• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 carnage

@WarWagon
I fixed your video links.. for this site all you have to do it post the link only, and the software automatically places the embedded video in the post.

I can finally contribute to this thread. Not a total engine failure but this is why you regularly inspect harmonic dampeners.....

f3f713fed87083c481036293f3c5974a.jpg

7ef5418e300c847054b2d7cbcebe1c1e.jpg

Had a weird noise when I shut the truck off last Friday morning at the gas station. Getting back home after work I could hear it while sitting in the driveway. Investigated for a few minutes and found my new two piece balancer.

Here's what caused the whole engine/P400 swap to take place in my motorhome. View attachment 49888
I am SO f*cking happy that it didn't do that in the middle of the night on I-80 in February in the middle of nowhere Wyoming when we were bringing it back from Reno, Jody! Jerry-rigging a new remote mount PMD and heatsink on an extension cable into through the dog house and into the passenger compartment, by flashlight at midnight, at that exit somewhere in eastern Nevada was exciting enough!

Yeah, I'm tellin you guys. Mount 2 pmds, and chop a plug from a junkyard for the second one. 10 second swap and on the road. Then you can keep driving while the first dead one is in on lifetime warranty swap to Lerroy.

It was a Heath on a skid plate sink that Jody brought along in his 6.5 emergency repair kit for "just in case" emergency repairs. Brought the extension cable up into the passenger compartment then battened the dog house back down and laid the heatsink up against the passenger side heater floor outlet to keep some airflow across it, which sacrificed quite a bit of foot room, which was made up for by putting our stocking feet up on the dash and reclining the captain's chair back when sleeping shotgun.

I know where you can get a lifetime fix for the balancer and pulley :)
http://leroydiesel.com/products/billet-crankshaft-pulley/

http://leroydiesel.com/products/fluid-damper-for-ds4-or-db2/

I can finally contribute to this thread. Not a total engine failure but this is why you regularly inspect harmonic dampeners.....

f3f713fed87083c481036293f3c5974a.jpg

7ef5418e300c847054b2d7cbcebe1c1e.jpg

Had a weird noise when I shut the truck off last Friday morning at the gas station. Getting back home after work I could hear it while sitting in the driveway. Investigated for a few minutes and found my new two piece balancer.

Back