• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new truck

That's what I thought, but why tie in the wiper motor instead of just a dedicated switch? Does it get power whenever my is on or only when wiper is in use? If so- Big front window on the camper and wipers on it for the passengers pleasure?

GOT IT! Camper had a bad hole in the roof, when it rained the windshield wipers were on, which powered a bilge pump to drain the camper floor.

Somebody stop me, please...

Took the crossover off broke all the bolts on the divers side which on a positive note is easier to get to. Was debating on whether or not to change it. glad I did.

Attachments

• 1433813208104.jpg
    1433813208104.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 22
Read fast:
Tick-tick---tick------tick-tick-tick

Sound familiar?

Getting some real work done up there huh?

Well got all the bolts taken care of what a PIA! A buddy of mine who is a great welder and knows lots of tricks came over and helped me last night. The was 2 bolts that stuck out a bit we tried welding nuts to them but no go. So we drilled the one that was broke off flush and then put an acetelyne welding tip inside and got it red hot and let it cool hoping to shrink it . no go. So we drilled it a little bigger and more heat still no go. So we kept drilling and tried pickingout the threads made a little progress but not aa lot so we put a tap in it and kept working it. Finally the last 25% or so broke loose. So this morning I cut the old crossover apart to get the flange off it threaded a bolt in the hole centered it up best I could an used the holes as a drill guide to give me a center point. Basically ended up drilling and tapping like there was no old bolt in it. Seems to have decent threads without a lot of slop. Time will tell.

Well got all the bolts taken care of what a PIA! A buddy of mine who is a great welder and knows lots of tricks came over and helped me last night. The was 2 bolts that stuck out a bit we tried welding nuts to them but no go. So we drilled the one that was broke off flush and then put an acetelyne welding tip inside and got it red hot and let it cool hoping to shrink it . no go. So we drilled it a little bigger and more heat still no go. So we kept drilling and tried pickingout the threads made a little progress but not aa lot so we put a tap in it and kept working it. Finally the last 25% or so broke loose. So this morning I cut the old crossover apart to get the flange off it threaded a bolt in the hole centered it up best I could an used the holes as a drill guide to give me a center point. Basically ended up drilling and tapping like there was no old bolt in it. Seems to have decent threads without a lot of slop. Time will tell.
Sometimes nothing goes to plan. I recently had to cut about 6" of bearings, spacers and an electric clutch off a shaft, no amount of heat would release them so I could pull them off the shaft. Fertilizer was a contributing factor.

So is that back passenger side? What are you going to use for turn on temperature for fan? Are you going to have a parallel ground override switch in the cab?

There's a 10* temperature differential between turn on and turn off so I'm considering 205* as the turn on point and yes an override in the cab. Also yes on the passenger side head, probably a good place as the rear cylinders run hotter.

Hope they work out for you. How are you going to set them up?

It is kinda funny how you would think Alaska would be hard to find deals and guess who scores.

I couldn't find a deal if my life depended on it.

Yes, in my rebuild. So far they seem fine. I didn't have shims to up the pop pressures though.

Back