• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new truck

Picked up an overhead console that I can put gauges in today. Also I ordered 2 1000w block heaters and 2 250w glue on pan heaters. 1 for the oil pan and 1 for the tranny pan. Kinda nice to have another truck to drive while I fix this one up. Gonna have to dive into the glow plug system to find out why it is so hard to start. I pulled one of the easy ones and it is a duraterm. I'm wondering if I have wiring issues on the passenger side.

Be advised the over head gauges are not the easiest to read. That is why I have the trans and rear diff up there.

Yeah I was planning on putting gauges up there I wouldn't look at frequently. Fuel pressure and....... still thinking about which one for the other one. Open to suggestions

Yeah I was planning on putting gauges up there I wouldn't look at frequently. Fuel pressure and....... still thinking about which one for the other one. Open to suggestions

Am still loving the Edge. It is highly flexible in that I can quickly switch what ECM and add-on data I want to see, set custom alert levels, read / clear codes on the fly, and see either 5 mixed mode (three 'analog' style + 2 digital style) or 8 digital gauges in one spot. Having all the read-outs in one spot lessens the time my eyes are not on the road.

Nice mirrors Les, look like the ones I got. Where did you get them?

An exh. back pressure gauge in the OH console maybe?

I found a guy on ebay that would ship them USPS. $251 to my door. I know glowshift doesn't have a very good rep but I'm looking at their dual IAT gauge.

Pretty much the same as the later ones like on our GMT800S. You'll really like those!

So I'm planning on buying a FSM been thinking I should buy a 98 rather than a 99 so as not to get the new body style stuff. Any changes from 98-99 that might be an issue?

Put on a 4" exhaust today. I think it was a diamond eye system. I got it from member jamiereo (sp?) A few years ago along with a bunch of other parts after he sold his truck. Pretty good system for the most part and I wonder if my issues were from being a CC dually. First thing I noticed was the first bend or kink over the torsion bar cross member wasn't centered very good. Then the hanger in front of the muffler wasn't even close to being right and I custom made it. The very front one hit the ball and socket assy so I took it completely off. Still considering moving it back a bit and making another custom hanger to take a little weight off the turbo. Sounds good :)

Couple of pics

Attachments

• IMG_20150606_134850.jpg
    IMG_20150606_134850.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20150606_134928.jpg
    IMG_20150606_134928.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20150606_135007.jpg
    IMG_20150606_135007.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20150606_135104.jpg
    IMG_20150606_135104.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 24
Anyone care to tell what's with this setup? Single red wire goes to wiper motor, black wire goes to the under hood fuse center and the double red wire goes to a camper plug.

Attachments

• 1433631478243.jpg
    1433631478243.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 1433631507386.jpg
    1433631507386.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 25
Ignition on tap to prevent the camper from draining the starting batts? Solenoid turns on with the key from the wiper motor plug wire tap?

Back