• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

what TUNER is everyone running....

which TUNER

• PPE tuners

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • EFI Live

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diablo sport predator

• Superchips flashpaq

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Banks Six Gun

• Edge juice w/ attitude

• Quadzilla stealth 2 tuner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hypertech

• BullyDog

• Stock

• Total voters
My friend had the PPE and his shifted horrible on his 07 classic, and my Banks has shifted almost flaulessly till just recently. Plowing really hurt my trans i think.

If you ask around, you will find most guys that have used multiple tuners and programmers will say how smooth the shifts are with the ppe once the tranny learns, in comparison to the others like Banks that seriously de-fuels in between shifts. Like previously stated, Banks is nice for some extra power on a stock tranny but there would be no reason to use banks with a built tranny. If your buddies truck didn't shift properly it is because he did not give it time to learn or there was some sort of programing glitch.

are you sure it wasnt the donuts or cookies?

Hehe, nooooo :lol:

If you ask around, you will find most guys that have used multiple tuners and programmers will say how smooth the shifts are with the ppe once the tranny learns, in comparison to the others like Banks that seriously de-fuels in between shifts. Like previously stated, Banks is nice for some extra power on a stock tranny but there would be no reason to use banks with a built tranny. If your buddies truck didn't shift properly it is because he did not give it time to learn or there was some sort of programing glitch.

I understand that. My truck shifts just fine. I made sure i let the tranny learn when i frist installed it. I also have it tuned to shift without much defuel. I would deffinatly have EFI Live if i had a built trans, but untill my warentee is up, stock tranny it is.

if you have it shifting WITHOUT much defuel, that makes it harder on the transmission

maybe i'm wrong. but I cant see how defueling is hard on the trans. the defuel means it takes fuel aka power away to make it easier to shift. where as if theres less defuel theres more pressure on the internals and more chance for slipage because the power is still there.but i'm not a tranny guy thats why I had mike do mine :D

Defueling is there for a reason, it basically saves the whole driveline, you dont want to be bangin gears all day long.

But it does little for slippage, unless this feature is built into the tuner.

Defueling is there for a reason, it basically saves the whole driveline, you dont want to be bangin gears all day long.

But it does little for slippage, unless this feature is built into the tuner.

Ok, i kinda knew that. That makes sence. Whatever it does, tow/haul fixes it and makes it way faster.

Thats one of Edges flaws theyve been known to make trucks run alittle weird.

I still love their tuner. It doesnt beat my EFI Live but for both of the farms trucks its good enough. Great service too.

I'm running the Superchips Flashpaq and its giving me everything I need, Tighter Shifting/ More Power and Better fuel mileage.

You guys don't have ATS E-Power as a choice so I chose PPE since they are written by PPE. I had the Banks in my truck and blew up my tranny with it.

Back