• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

what TUNER is everyone running....

which TUNER

• PPE tuners

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • EFI Live

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diablo sport predator

• Superchips flashpaq

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Banks Six Gun

• Edge juice w/ attitude

• Quadzilla stealth 2 tuner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hypertech

• BullyDog

• Stock

• Total voters
I run a stock tranny and HUGE EFI Live tune hat was supposed to be for pulling only.

I find myself running ti way too much.

Slips ridiculously in every single gear, but its fast.

badass video!!! i seen it on the other site, but you also got the tts upgrade with a TC i only have a transgo jr if i tried doing that with mine on that level i would probably limp it lol

Yeah, before my tranny build LVL-4 would limp my truck every 4-5 shift at W.O.T. To really enjoy the ppe you need a built tranny.

Yeah, it will hold a little longer like that. I would suggest locking out 5th when you are playing around with a big tune on a stock tranny. I ran the ppe on LVL-6 on our LB7 with 5th locked out and it held the power fine on a stock tranny. For how long is the real question???????

i know one guy that has been running the 225 tune on a stock tranny for over 25k now, and he doesnt even have a transgo jr in it. He drives it aggressive but not stupid.

The 6spd's will hold a little more power then the 01-05 5spd's, still at 225 he is burning his clutches wether its limping or not.

I always slightly let off each shift, it keeps my torque management under better control since I dont have it quite figured out yet.

I usually lock out 5th too, but ive found some crafty foot work will keep it from limping, but its still burning things up.

I always slightly let off each shift, it keeps my torque management under better control since I dont have it quite figured out yet.

I usually lock out 5th too, but ive found some crafty foot work will keep it from limping, but its still burning things up.

X2, i also have a transgo jr which should help the clutches out some

just tell her it will get you better MPG so you will save money buying it and it also helps the truck run more efficient:D

Our 04 LB7 has the Banks big hoss bundle on it so I know all about the capabilities of Banks no smoke products. I can say from first hand experience there is no comparison between PPE and Banks. Don't get me wrong if you don't plan on upgrading your tranny the banks system is nice for a little extra power but if you want real power and smooth shifts PPE or EFI are the best there is, Period!!!

superchips is good for starters. I had one as my first programmer. it did well for me but the transmission never shifted right on performance mode before I did the suncoast. but milage was good and I thought it was very user friendly

Our 04 LB7 has the Banks big hoss bundle on it so I know all about the capabilities of Banks no smoke products. I can say from first hand experience there is no comparison between PPE and Banks. Don't get me wrong if you don't plan on upgrading your tranny the banks system is nice for a little extra power but if you want real power and smooth shifts PPE or EFI are the best there is, Period!!!

My friend had the PPE and his shifted horrible on his 07 classic, and my Banks has shifted almost flaulessly till just recently. Plowing really hurt my trans i think.

Back