• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

what TUNER is everyone running....

which TUNER

• PPE tuners

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • EFI Live

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diablo sport predator

• Superchips flashpaq

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Banks Six Gun

• Edge juice w/ attitude

• Quadzilla stealth 2 tuner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hypertech

• BullyDog

• Stock

• Total voters

FactoryMX

Mile High
Reaction score
i am running a PPE Xcellerator and love the power and it shifts really smooth with the defueling

it gets addicting always wanting more power lol i just wish i had the money to upgrade my tranny more to buy the ppe hot tune:D

which kit are you looking into? ive been looking at the suncoast stage IV w/ 1058 converter but by the time i have enough money i will probaly be putting it in a different truck

NICE!!! im just gonna have to stick with the transgo for a while but hopefully it will hold up if i drive it right. What level do you run your PPE? i run mine on level 2 in the winter and in the spring and summer i run level 3 most of the time and if im tempted i will run level 4 once in a while but i make sure i am easy on the shifts.

oh yea when i run level 4 i use the tip tronic the manual shift so when i go to shift i left off and then once it gets in gear i get on it again

yes it does. I knew someone who did that and his banks screwed it all up when he was driving it cause the tuner thought it was a 5 speed still, so he had to get a new one for the 6 speed. now it works great for him

Little advice. If your adding power, dont add the 6spd conversion. Its just an extra overdrive which holds even less than 5th gear.

If your playing race car driver with a big tune, just cancel 5th gear. Then you can play all you want and never limp.

I always reccomend either the Edge J/A, PPE Hot, or EFI Live. Those three are the best tuners out threr for the duramax. Edge is entry level, PPE is high plug and play power, EFI Live is for the fanatic.

I have PPE hot +2 but, soon will upgrade to th E.T version, I don't need the extra tune or really the ability to run 4800rpm but , want to be able to turn on and off the defuel at the shift points.

I have only ran the 225 tune, I will run the 300 or 350 tune after I get a lift pump only when I am pulling( twice a year).

how is it holding up at 225? do you drive it aggressive im thinking about bumping to 225hp when it warms up out and i also have the transgo jr. Ive been running the 160hp with no problems yet i ran the 225 about 2 times but i was too worried about the tranny

badass video!!! i seen it on the other site, but you also got the tts upgrade with a TC i only have a transgo jr if i tried doing that with mine on that level i would probably limp it lol

Back