• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What fuel additive do you use and what do you use it for?

What fuel additive do you use and what do you use it for?

• I Don't Use Them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Opti-Lube

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Two-stroke oil

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Bio diesel

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Power Service

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Stanadyne

• Howes

• Amsoil

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Something Else...

• Prevent Fuel Gelling

• Injector Lubrication

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Better fuel Milage

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Since winter is quickly approaching for some of us :( we will talk fuel additives this week.

It's a two part question, what fuel additive do you use and what do you use it for?

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE......

Power Service. Pump/injector health year around and anti-gel in winter.
Silver bottle warm weather, White bottle winter

Clarification: I use the PS with B5-B20 which is every tank.

Last edited:
I use grey power service when I pull a load. I use 2 stroke every tank.

I use both to keep my injectors a little longer.

Last edited:
I use power service every few months(which is about every other tank anymore), and also I use a biocide in mine to prevent algae growth since it sits so much. When I traveled up north I used white power service to prevent fuel gelling.

I used to use 20% bio and the Stanadyne Performance Formula. Now that I don't have access to bio anymore I add the Lubricity Formula to help with lubricity. And, I use these additives every fill-up.

I have been having good luck with Opti-Lube at a rate of 1/2 oz. per gallon. It should cover me in two areas. Prevent Fuel Gelling, Injector Lubrication and is said to raise the Cetane in by at least 3 points.

Silver bottle warm weather, White bottle winter Clarification: I use the PS with B5-B20 which is every tank.

I used to use 20% bio and the Stanadyne Performance Formula. Now that I don't have access to bio anymore I add the Lubricity Formula to help with lubricity. And, I use these additives every fill-up.

I use both Stanadyne and Power Service as described by Mike and Jeff. I use it for improved Cetane, to help keep the injectors clean, and for whatever lubrication it gives me. I also use Bio diesel when I can get it for more lubrication of the injectors and pumps for increased longevity.

Silver bottle warm weather, White bottle winter

:iagree: ^^ I'm with him.. I also see a slight bump in mpg when I run it compaired to when I haven't in the past. Practicly every fill up I use one or the other. Used to use 2 cycle oil as well. Haven't used it in about a year.

Monster Diesel.. ;)

DISCLAIMER: *A LOT OF SARCASM IN THIS POST*

Grey PS @ 1/2oz/gal.
The Bosch CP4.1 has a reputation for self destructing and filling the fuel system with metal shavings in VW's, especially if they get the slightest whiff of gasoline. Going to give it whatever help I can.

I heard that MD shit was good stuff. Its like rocket fuel. Does wonders for your diesel motor.
As we can easily see the stock is REALLY cheap, A veritable BARGAIN!:eek:
You better jump in as soon as the market opens tomorrow to get in on the 'bottom' so to speak...;)

Back