• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What fuel additive do you use and what do you use it for?

What fuel additive do you use and what do you use it for?

• I Don't Use Them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Opti-Lube

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Two-stroke oil

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Bio diesel

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Power Service

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Stanadyne

• Howes

• Amsoil

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Something Else...

• Prevent Fuel Gelling

• Injector Lubrication

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Better fuel Milage

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
I think I will invest. It can only go up, seeing all the good things that it does for our diesel motors. That product is very hard to get.

I alternate between the Power Service's (different Bottles for different Times of the Year) and the Howes.

One thing I Noticed, the Howes Smokes ALOT Less than Power Service.

I used Howes when I first got my truck. Howes has been around for a long time. I like it for the winter. It is has great anti-gel qualities.

I have been having good luck with Opti-Lube at a rate of 1/2 oz. per gallon. It should cover me in two areas. Prevent Fuel Gelling, Injector Lubrication and is said to raise the Cetane in by at least 3 points.

I use opti-lube at 1/4 oz per gallon. I haven't quite figured out if i'm a little too thin with it or not. Mileage seems to be slightly better with it.

They told me on the phone that you can put it in the engine oil too. Have you ever tried that? I'm hesitant to try without talking to a few people first.

I use opti-lube at 1/4 oz per gallon. I haven't quite figured out if i'm a little too thin with it or not. Mileage seems to be slightly better with it.

They told me on the phone that you can put it in the engine oil too. Have you ever tried that? I'm hesitant to try without talking to a few people first.

No oil additives for me. I run regular UOA's and have not seen a need to help any oil I have ever used.

Back