• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What do you guys think about Water/Methanol kits?

I like WMI. One thing to keep in mind is it adds maintenance. Definitely not picking, just saying.

In terms of keeping the fluid from freezing, one of the mechanics at my local shop runs 100% windshield washer fluid during the winter, beats on his 6.5 hard, and it is still ticking. Again, just saying.

Freezing is not a concern for me. :D We haven't had a single day below 32* yet this year, and thats the norm for my area. I'm still mowing grass.;) :D

Matt

Can you run Limeaway in the tank to prevent deposits?
images

Leroy, I'll order a WMI kit when I actually see my lawn again. I haven't seen above 25F all of February. Not even close.

I assumed methanol helped keep it clean and a plus to running some at least periodically.

How about running the low freeze point windshield washer fluid (that has methanol in it). Does that clean the system?

I don't want to hear about non freezing temps and mowing grass. As with hookedup50, we've been below freezing for probably 95% of February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry about that. I guess you don't want to hear that my high for tomorrow is in the 70's. :D I really do feel for you guys, as I probably wouldn't leave my house in the weather you've been having. :eek:

Matt

Its the shoveling of snow of roofs off the barns/house and the Ice dams that have been more of an issue. Lots of collapsed buildings around here. 6 more inches(a coating) due today, bringing me to 114 inches so far. Back to the topic, this is a good thread by the way. Hey Great White, Are you still running WI? I remember your build thread and the under bed tank you built,

I have to cut my grass this weekend, :mad: :p

Just becareful with windshield washer fluid, its very dirty. A member on the DP was doing oil analysis and his bad levels shot up, it was from using WW fluid. Switched to pure methanol and distilled water, levels cleaned up.

I have to cut my grass this weekend, :mad: :p

Just becareful with windshield washer fluid, its very dirty. A member on the DP was doing oil analysis and his bad levels shot up, it was from using WW fluid. Switched to pure methanol and distilled water, levels cleaned up.

I have to plow the snow out of my driveway and cut wood for my stove this weekend...... I'm beginning to not like you guys lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dealing with snow builds character. It's that whole, "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger thing...", though honestly, I really am over it. We're supposed to be getting up into the 40's this weekend. Heat wave!!! :cool:

You still planning on doing WMI, Matt?

What I wouldn't give for 31....I just ran errands during my lunch and it was 16F, which is going to be our high for today. Though that is some strange weather you're describing, Leroy.o_O

Never heard that before, wondering if it kept running or something after the engine was shut off, and slipped past the rings. Either that or he was injecting too much, strange.
By the way TVM, I like your avatar much better here, than the one your using on DP.

Dealing with snow builds character. It's that whole, "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger thing...", though honestly, I really am over it. We're supposed to be getting up into the 40's this weekend. Heat wave!!! :cool:

You still planning on doing WMI, Matt?

I don't want to be any stronger if it means shivering, and I'm already a Character! :D Yes, I still plan on doing a WMI, but it will be on the conservative side, as I have no desire to be pulling heads again anytime soon! :D

Matt

I don't want to be any stronger if it means shivering, and I'm already a Character! :D Yes, I still plan on doing a WMI, but it will be on the conservative side, as I have no desire to be pulling heads again anytime soon! :D

Matt

Oh, I suppose you are such a character that you don't need the character-building experience of head gaskets any more either, huh!? :p Jk, I don't blame you on either count!

Cool. I want to do WMI too. I also want to do WTA intercooling I'm just not sure what's left in the budget for this year. I guess we'll see what my EGTs are like once it's together, that may force my hand. ;)

Never heard that before, wondering if it kept running or something after the engine was shut off, and slipped past the rings. Either that or he was injecting too much, strange.
By the way TVM, I like your avatar much better here, than the one your using on DP.
Windshield washer is not a very closely watched fluid. Anything can be in it, not just methanol. Detergents are just one of the bigger issues.

I don't run wmi anymore. Dropped it after a few findings.

The tank and pump are still on my truck though.

They still do.......something......:rolleyes:

Windshield washer is not a very closely watched fluid. Anything can be in it, not just methanol. Detergents are just one of the bigger issues.

I don't run wmi anymore. Dropped it after a few findings.

The tank and pump are still on my truck though.

They still do.......something......:rolleyes:

Aw come on, you can't leave us hanging like that.:D

Matt

Back