• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Well I found a post on FB market place for a set of 3 year old tires for the 93 and found a local post for selling parts from a parts truck, needing a front bumper and the two center brackets. it's not one with the two air holes but at least it's something I can put there LOL.

Well I found a post on FB market place for a set of 3 year old tires for the 93 and found a local post for selling parts from a parts truck, needing a front bumper and the two center brackets. it's not one with the two air holes but at least it's something I can put there LOL.
I once ordered new brackets for one of the vehicles. They were so far off, I straightened the originals and reused them

What have yall guys done on the 94- trucks in mounting a double din radio in the dash? I was looking at this and realized a large portion of the dash has to be cut out. I'm not liking that idea. I just acquired a really nice Pioneer stereo with all the bells and whistles

I ordered this on the jungle site thinking that I might be able to mount it to ether the bottom or top of the dash, but not sure.

I figured if this works, I can use the single din location under the dash vents to mount some gauges or something if not just put a blank cover over it.

1709046820921.png

What have yall guys done on the 94- trucks in mounting a double din radio in the dash? I was looking at this and realized a large portion of the dash has to be cut out. I'm not liking that idea. I just acquired a really nice Pioneer stereo with all the bells and whistles

I ordered this on the jungle site thinking that I might be able to mount it to ether the bottom or top of the dash, but not sure.

I figured if this works, I can use the single din location under the dash vents to mount some gauges or something if not just put a blank cover over it.

View attachment 86445
I don't even know what a double din radio is.

I searched it and I'm still not sure. Saw a bunch for sale though.

Here is a photo to help explain the differences. most newer, 95+ use a 1.5 din size radio. older all use a single din. The 1.5 din is a slightly shorter version of the double din. it's a size rating of standard car stereos.

1709052028813.png

1709051976134.png

1996+ are double Din. Put this one in the truck in December and had a similar one in the 99 Burb.
View attachment 86455

View attachment 86456
That looks like the same unit I just bought. Pioneer DMH-160BT. I have an older Kenwood unit in the 95. it's got awesome sound but drives me nuts trying to reconnect the bluetooth if I walk too far away with my phone when it's on. I can't complain since I only paid $50 for it on the marketplace.

I just returned a little while ago from picking up the used tires for the 93. Paid $140 for a set of 245/75/16 Toyo A31 open country tires all 4 with a date code of 5120 - 51st week of 2020. not too bad of a score. it's the factory size for the 93. I have the 265/75/16's from my 95 on it now and the RPM's are a tad on the low end when on the freeway. it has a scooch of a hard time increasing speed from 60 to 65 going up hill with the OD unit on. I looked at the TCI display while on the road and it was reading 1800 and almost 70 MPH. I figure going from 265's to 245's should put it back into it's power band or at least slightly closer. but I do have to say even with the engine wore out with all the blowby and loosing oil like it does, it cruises the freeway like a dream! smooth and quiet!!

That looks like the same unit I just bought. Pioneer DMH-160BT. I have an older Kenwood unit in the 95. it's got awesome sound but drives me nuts trying to reconnect the bluetooth if I walk too far away with my phone when it's on. I can't complain since I only paid $50 for it on the marketplace.

I just returned a little while ago from picking up the used tires for the 93. Paid $140 for a set of 245/75/16 Toyo A31 open country tires all 4 with a date code of 5120 - 51st week of 2020. not too bad of a score. it's the factory size for the 93. I have the 265/75/16's from my 95 on it now and the RPM's are a tad on the low end when on the freeway. it has a scooch of a hard time increasing speed from 60 to 65 going up hill with the OD unit on. I looked at the TCI display while on the road and it was reading 1800 and almost 70 MPH. I figure going from 265's to 245's should put it back into it's power band or at least slightly closer. but I do have to say even with the engine wore out with all the blowby and loosing oil like it does, it cruises the freeway like a dream! smooth and quiet!!
What axle ratios are You running on that ?
I would like to slow the RPMs down on my truck a little.
Dont remember, I think it is almost 2200 at about 65 mph.
I’d like to get it to about 2000 at about 70 to 72 mph. See if that would increase fuel mileage.

it's running 4.10's but with the gear vendors OD unit it makes it slightly lower than 3.73's
Oh my thats nice.
Probably could not run in four wheel drive with one of those engaged.
Not that a person would need to. If there is that much snow or ice on the roads probably about 50 mph would be max speed then the GV OD unit would not be engaged any way.
Should rig up a solenoid onto the GV selector lever so that it cant be engaged when the truck is in 4X4 mode.

It has a lockout if wired up to a 4x4 it's supposed to disable it when in 4x4. this one is only a 2x4 so that part isn't needed. I need to look up on the online calculators and see what it says my RPM's should be with that size tire

It has a lockout if wired up to a 4x4 it's supposed to disable it when in 4x4. this one is only a 2x4 so that part isn't needed. I need to look up on the online calculators and see what it says my RPM's should be with that size tire
Looked it up.
I believe a person would have that much or more tied into differential components on a 4X4 regearing.
$3800.00 for the GV unit.

The beauty of it is you can still keep your 4.10 gears for towing and have lower ratios for the freeway. best of both worlds kinda thing.

Test drive after replacing the Multi-Function Switch (turn, hazard, wiper etc.) and everything works fine. My son needs truck this weekend to move out of basement (angelic voices raised in celebratory salutations) so I filled it up Moving out with everyone and everything...hell yeah you can use the truck. Here's a full tank to help out.

However, comma, Time to check grounds back at the Fuel Sender Unit because even though the gauge read full it took 7.5 Gal. Normally, the gauge would read almost 1/2 tank having burned 7 gal. (Empty means ~1/3 tank remaining). Most likely grounds again since those are what caused me to replace the Fuel Sender w/ Leroy's Metrum Fuel Sending Unit. I'd hate to think the sender has failed. Water intrusion into the connector more likely.

The driver side glass is now ready to go back into place on my 96 gmc truck.The dorman replacement track is all bonded in place.I was going to attempt to get the old piece off but didn’t want to risk breaking the glass so I had the glass shop do it.A new glass was over $400 when I asked about it locally.

Got the Toyo tires mounted today, started polishing the beauty rings. need to work on the center caps then install them all on the rims.

Started looking more at installing the Pioneer stereo and realized that there was no other way other than trimming the dash a bit. in t he process the dash is so brittle the support for the glove box insert went poof. need to pickup some super glue tomorrow for some repairs. I was able to brace the lower dash section but this is going to be a task. the top side of the dash is in a thousand pieces glued to the carpet the PO installed.

I need to look online and see what parts I can get for it and what all I will need to reshape with some fiberglass work. finding a complete dash for a 88-94 is not an option at least one that would survive being transferred out of and into another truck.

Got to drive the 93 today with the new to me tires. but not before I realized I did a booboo! these tires came off a full size Toyota Tacoma from factory , but their weight rating is only 2200lb rated SL. Combined for all 4 is 8800lb. my guess the truck weighs about the same as my 95 does (7600lb), maybe slightly lighter without a brush guard, headache rack or tool box. they are kinda under rated for the weight if this truck. still within it's limits so long as I don't haul anything. the front are somewhat squatting. I inflated them to their max pressure of 44 psi and they seem ok. Truck drives smooth on the road, but I will be looking for a better rated set in the future.

I guess OOPSIE! live and learn...

Back