• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Didn’t do much with my 96 gmc with the 6.2 660 engine today but did use some mothers leather conditioner on the seats and applied some Napa protectant on the dash and door panels.

Tomorrow I plan to change the fuel filters as I have both a primary and secondary setup.I also have a fuel pressure gauge with npt barb fittings ready that I may install as well so I can monitor fuel pressure in case a dead lift pump arises.

Not a 6.5 post, per say, but I recently used my dad's '13 HD with a 6.0 to pull my Massey Harris to a fair for a tractor pull. Driving over the mountain, I found that the truck could not hold 3rd gear with 8k of trailer behind it. It's a beautiful truck- loaded, garage kept with 23k miles on it. Third gear in a 6l90 transmission is close to 2nd in the 4l80. My 6.5 would climb the same mountain faster (holding in 2nd gear) with 15.5k of gooseneck hooked to it! Man, I miss that torque!!
I won't pull the short block out until tractor pulls are done for the year, so a late fall/winter project it will be.

Used a break between meetings to install the transmission seal, then the transfer case into 2014 4Runner. Later on installed the drive shafts and filled the case up with Mobil Delvac 75w90. Everything works perfectly. Just in time for my wife to drive it back to Montana leaving Thursday. Seems like I’m becoming the resident transfer case pro.

View attachment 82790View attachment 82791View attachment 82792
Given my current failed 6.5 lift pump efforts, I was looking for some positive from recent mechanic work I’ve performed. So I crawled under the 2014 4Runner to get some pics of the transfer case that I pulled and replaced leaking seals on. Wife has put on 2K miles and I can report squeaky clean success:
IMG_0393.jpegIMG_0394.jpegIMG_0395.jpeg

I spent some time yesterday changing the primary and secondary fuel filters on my 96 gmc with the 6.2.I always liked the 2 filter setup.At least with a good lift pump and dual filtration the DS4 should live a long time.I condemned the old FM100 years ago and went with this setup instead.

I made a couple custom brackets for the filter housings which I think look pretty good minus the paint flaking off it…lol

Attachments

• IMG_6950.jpeg
    IMG_6950.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6951.jpeg
    IMG_6951.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6952.jpeg
    IMG_6952.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 11
Thank you Will.I appreciate that.It’s on a primer bulb body that I bought from eBay maybe 2 yrs ago.I ran into trouble with the factory racor housing a couple days ago as the housing was eaten away by corrosion near the primer knob so I had to condemn that housing altogether as air would probably intrude or I’d have an external leak so I just tossed it in favour of this latest housing.It also uses the same thread pitch at 1-14 as the old racor housing did so I was able to install the 2 micron filter once again.

Back