• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

No, Carrie is the name of the female lead that Sally Fields played in Smokey and the Bandit opposite of Burt Reynolds. You referenced Smokey and the Bandit and I asked if your wife was playing Carrie from that movie.
I didn’t follow the movie that closely to know the character’s names, but I always had wood for Sally Fields.

Got the truck parked back into the garage. Getting ready to dismantle to fix that oil leak. 😖😢😹
I’m starting at repairing a persistent oil leak from the VTEC solenoid Spooler valve on my Honda Accord. Already replaced the seal, but still leaked. Then I rounded a bolt head from over torquing it and I need to pull the exhaust header to create needed room to grab it with vice grips. Have a new valve, seal and Honda Bond.

Replaced the front bumper shell on my Honda Accord with a pre-painted shell purchased from Amazon. Old one had been bumped enough that the plastic rivets had broken through their holes causing the hole bumper to sag. As I suspected, this repair eliminated an annoying rubbing sound as I went through 1st and 2nd gears.

IMG_3977.jpegIMG_3978.jpegIMG_3979.jpegIMG_3980.jpeg

TURP?

Holy f’n dick jam…
View attachment 81612
“Every picture tells a story don’t it.” Rod Stewart (since we're bringing up songs and movies.
Recovery is going well.

Truck stuff. Since I‘m under Dr’s orders to not lift more than 10lbs for two weeks and with Frau Pavel (aka The Warden) on over watch, I can’t even get supervisory release to go in the garage to organize stuff. I have filled the time with ordering things though. 'Add a circuit' pig tails, Socket Racks/Trees for new load-out tool box (old one finally wore out), GPS Speedo for who knows why, USB Charging Sockets to wire in to blank switch positions under the cargo lamp switch (tired of the auxiliary plugs backing out of the power sockets), new body side trim molding to replace the old stuff, Silverado Cab badges, 1500 Bow Tie badges and designed a 6.5 Turbo Diesel Decal that’s incorporated into the middle of the 4X4 quarter panel decal…yeah, I’m bored.
Old ones look like:
IMG_7365 (Edited).JPG

My Design:
IMG_0065 (Edited).jpg
Chris Mursick, 2nd Shift Screen Printing, Embroidery and Vinyl / Mursick-Rennen Racing will do the production.

“Every picture tells a story don’t it.” Rod Stewart (since we're bringing up songs and movies.
Recovery is going well.

Truck stuff. Since I‘m under Dr’s orders to not lift more than 10lbs for two weeks and with Frau Pavel (aka The Warden) on over watch, I can’t even get supervisory release to go in the garage to organize stuff. I have filled the time with ordering things though. 'Add a circuit' pig tails, Socket Racks/Trees for new load-out tool box (old one finally wore out), GPS Speedo for who knows why, USB Charging Sockets to wire in to blank switch positions under the cargo lamp switch (tired of the auxiliary plugs backing out of the power sockets), new body side trim molding to replace the old stuff, Silverado Cab badges, 1500 Bow Tie badges and designed a 6.5 Turbo Diesel Decal that’s incorporated into the middle of the 4X4 quarter panel decal…yeah, I’m bored.
Old ones look like:
View attachment 81674

My Design:
View attachment 81673
Chris Mursick, 2nd Shift Screen Printing, Embroidery and Vinyl / Mursick-Rennen Racing will do the production.
How do you remove the body side mouldings? Heat gun?

How do you remove the body side mouldings? Heat gun?
I’m repainting eventually so I’m not being overly careful.
Low angle razor blade to lift corners. With the poor condition of the paint, along with poor mental acuity from the lingering effect of anesthesia, I did manage to clear off a bit of top coat yesterday so I stopped quickly. Peel back until the stuff breaks, attack the edges and repeat. Use adhesive remover, glue-be-gone or lacquer thinner for residue.

Before it was behind the bumper where the license plate is now located. Current location used an existing bolt hole. I am more worried about water damage than any impact risk in current location.
I had a front brake line ripped off in bean stubble. Also got a flat tire in bean stubble.
Recently had 2 flat tires fr weeds poking straight through the tire. Must be tough weeds

Replaced the leaking VTEC Solenoid on my Honda Accord. Had to remove the exhaust header to create access/room. Had to cut the rounded head off one bolt. Applied Honda Bond sealant around the outside of the oil seal. I’m going Marty on this one.
IMG_3989.jpegIMG_3990.jpeg

Back