• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Today I finally finished the install of the rebuilt NP 241-C transfer case in the ‘94 K2500 Suburban. After an initial miss on the linkage install, got it on right and test drove it around demonstrating 4Hi and 4Lo.

Glad that’s over. Onto the GMT-800 14 bolt full floater axle install.

For a while now just rolling down the surface roads and around 55-60 the throttle pedal and IP stop communication for a brief sec. No response and then they start getting along again. Intermittent issue. Last week I got on the freeway and at 70 mph the truck went to idle. No response from the throttle...nothing...'dead stick' as it were only it was idling fine all the way to the emergency lane. Checked and no codes. Key off, Key on, Restart and all was right with the world only the 55-60 mph issue was becoming more cold sweat-stomach churning. Swapped out the PCM and all is right with the world again only I'm not overly fond of this tune as it was for a different cam, turbo and shift points. Searching for another PCM to get the old tune burned on too. Will use the old one with a suspected cracked board as a core if needs be.
But, in the meantime, Basel Cell Skin Cancer removal yesterday (third procedure so far) and prostrate "TURP" tomorrow. Yeah, cross your legs and think of me with positive get well thoughts please.

IMG_7345.JPG

For a while now just rolling down the surface roads and around 55-60 the throttle pedal and IP stop communication for a brief sec. No response and then they start getting along again. Intermittent issue. Last week I got on the freeway and at 70 mph the truck went to idle. No response from the throttle...nothing...'dead stick' as it were only it was idling fine all the way to the emergency lane. Checked and no codes. Key off, Key on, Restart and all was right with the world only the 55-60 mph issue was becoming more cold sweat-stomach churning. Swapped out the PCM and all is right with the world again only I'm not overly fond of this tune as it was for a different cam, turbo and shift points. Searching for another PCM to get the old tune burned on too. Will use the old one with a suspected cracked board as a core if needs be.
But, in the meantime, Basel Cell Skin Cancer removal yesterday (third procedure so far) and prostrate "TURP" tomorrow. Yeah, cross your legs and think of me with positive get well thoughts please.

View attachment 81610
Oh man, hang in there.

View attachment 81610

Hang in there, I've been down that road before, except I had Basal Cell under my left eye. Can't remember what year, 5 or more years ago. Dermatologist did the Mohs procedure on it. That wasn't too bad until he cut me from the corner of my eye down. Biggest thing that hurt was when he made my face a pin cushion to deaden it for the stiches. I thought sum beach, that hurts, just sew it up without numbing it. The doctor was taking extra care to make sure when it healed up, my eyelid wouldn't be drooped down or misfigured. It worked, I've got a small scar there and so far the Basal cell hasn't come back. I gotta say after that ordeal I'm a true believer in sunblock on my face and body when being outdoors. All those years of carefree times in the sun has caught up to me.

Anyway, I wish you luck on your truck, hope you get it straightened out.

Hang in there, I've been down that road before, except I had Basal Cell under my left eye. Can't remember what year, 5 or more years ago. Dermatologist did the Mohs procedure on it. That wasn't too bad until he cut me from the corner of my eye down. Biggest thing that hurt was when he made my face a pin cushion to deaden it for the stiches. I thought sum beach, that hurts, just sew it up without numbing it. The doctor was taking extra care to make sure when it healed up, my eyelid wouldn't be drooped down or misfigured. It worked, I've got a small scar there and so far the Basal cell hasn't come back. I gotta say after that ordeal I'm a true believer in sunblock on my face and body when being outdoors. All those years of carefree times in the sun has caught up to me.

Anyway, I wish you luck on your truck, hope you get it straightened out.
Appreciate all the well wishes. Did the TURP 14 years ago and was told there'd be a repeat so, not unexpected.

@BIGR, About the same with the two gals that went after me on this one. Hole wasn't as big as the one over my right eye a few years ago. That one was special. This one, not so bad. I told a person who commented that he should see the other two. "They didn't weigh more than 200 lbs combined. Watch out for the blonde with the knife, scissors, needle, thread and cauterizer!"

Woke at 2:00 am to footsteps in the house. Fortunately, after 31 years of marriage, I recognized the sound of my wife’s footsteps. She surprised me by arriving from Montana 1.5 days early. She also came with some other surprises:
View attachment 81617View attachment 81618
For the record, California has banned the sale of Acetone, so I had my wife pick up a gallon in Montana and bring it down on her Smokey and the Bandit run.

Back