• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Do them asap if so. Leaking ones quickly turn into ones that shoot a fine stream. And if that stream shoots through the opening of the precup, it can put a hole in the top of the piston.

I would want to put a volt meter on each of the glow plugs however. It is hard to imagine 20-25 seconds of that much smoke from one or injectors leaking down. Looks like you started truck, walked around, then started recording. In the 5 (?) seconds before the recording as you start it- does one or two of the cylinders not start working? It would be a very noticeable misfire for a few revolutions while the ip fills the lines back up.

New glows and wiring harness. Next step was to replace the injectors. I now have everything to do that job. Wife’s 4Runner is back and medical appointments out of the way. Fishing today and tomorrow. Will tackle the job on Sunday.

Priorities. I like that.

Got a local invite to fish a river that runs through one of Ted Turner’s ranches. River feeds a reservoir from which big brown trout come up the river to spawn in the fall. Never turn down a top secret local knowledge trip.

Drove 30 minutes to Hamilton and hopped in his 2005 Yukon 2500 with gasser.

Got a local invite to fish a river that runs through one of Ted Turner’s ranches. River feeds a reservoir from which big brown trout come up the river to spawn in the fall. Never turn down a top secret local knowledge trip.

Drove 30 minutes to Hamilton and hopped in his 2005 Yukon 2500 with gasser.
hope ya catch the big one lol with pics of the scenery :D

So I installed new fuel injectors on the passenger side and resealed the valve cover on the passenger side. One bolt on the turbo exhaust side elbow was sheared and the one I expected to shear did. The other two came out with some effort. I’m taking the turbo into a welder in the am to extract the broken bolts. They broke off flush to the turbo housing. I will put it back together on lunch breaks through the week. Nice to be working from home.

1074EBEE-8016-495B-AE1B-0B07964FD7AD.jpeg239E9725-A8CC-49CD-AE37-E194CAC49E85.jpeg4570EC3E-222E-405E-8525-ACD96BE4A220.jpeg

Try that sanding block trick across the turbo flange on the exhaust manifold. See how that is.
If it is not flat, it will leak.
Same with the mating surface on the turbo.

Machine shop guy was able to drill out the broken off bolts and chase the the threads. Meantime, between meetings I reinstalled injector lines and finished the passenger side injectors. Tomorrow I will sneak in the driver’s side injectors during lunch break and possibly intake manifold. Should have this done by Wednesday. The beauty of working from home.

I scavenged a pair of 24 volt electric air horns to install on my truck this weekend. ordered a 12-24 volt step up converter. connected it up for a test on the battery and WOW. LOUD!! I have been wanting something better on my truck since I randomly get idiots that like to pull out in front of me.

I scavenged a pair of 24 volt electric air horns to install on my truck this weekend. ordered a 12-24 volt step up converter. connected it up for a test on the battery and WOW. LOUD!! I have been wanting something better on my truck since I randomly get idiots that like to pull out in front of me.
You want something thats really really loud and totally obnoxious. Get yourself an OLD 6 volt auooogah horn. Wire that to 12 volts.
That is theee most terrible of sounds, gut wrenching, heart stopping and will make anyone within a mile crap their pants.
Guaranteeeed 💩💩💩💩😹😹😹😹

Back