• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Small project on the Burb last Friday by correcting the non-spraying passenger washer fluid nozzle and week driver's side. Pulled the wiper arms and air inlet grille to discover the passenger side hose was crimped from coming out of it's retaining groove and getting pinched against the firewall/cowell.

New sprayer nozzles from LMC; clip 1/4" from the old hose and secure to the nozzles; securing the hose in the grille guides with a couple small strips of Gorilla tape. Reprime the system with some compressed air into the tank and observe the fluid spraying out both nozzles. Test the sprayers by running the pump before screwing it all down only to discover it doesn't work and success. Reassemble the grille and arms and limp back into the house.

Arthritis is getting to be a real day limiter but, I'd already cleared snow from four driveways which, with the width of our driveways made for the equivalent of 13 single car drives. Love me my new 21" EGO snowblower, battery powered. I got other EGO stuff so I got enough batteries to be a good neighbor and repay some kindnesses...another story.

The past two weekends I've been helping my daughter with her car (not a 6.5 or diesel) as it was time for brakes and new window channel guide. My daughter insists most of the work after I've helped her understand the doings and all. Example, I helped her teach her roommates basic maintenance along with tire changing when she was supposedly at college and she jumped right in on the truck's engine swap back in 2012 a few months before our first granddaughter was born

My first granddaughter has taken a liking to 'helping' in the past (I've posted a couple of pics before) and I've done my best to encourage it. Making sure she's safe and yet, still has a challenge she can work through.
She jacked up the car (with 'adult' supervision) and wouldn't give up when it got to the 'heavy' part. Cute as a bug and she didn't drop her flower either.

FWIW, she's wearing my old TTS Hoodie with the sleeves rolled back about 8". Which reminds me, I need to see about ordering a new one...extra small.

I loosened the lug nuts enough that she could take them off with a DeWalt impact and when we were finished, she got to put them back on. No pictures of that. Afterwards, her and her sister watched drags with me.

Last edited:
I’m replacing because of a quick stop from some dick cutting me off and in the process a 5 gallon jug of diesel tipped over with the vent open. Dumped 2.5 gallons of diesel and the only way to get the smell out was to replace the carpet.
And here I thought it was to get rid of trace evidence before the FBI showed up.

Progress. Need to run to the boneyard for 2 plastic door sills (driver, and right passenger), plastic that goes over the seam between front and rear, and the two folding floor panels on the second row seats (diesel soaked).5607656077

Looks real good. How did the parts hunt go yesterday?

Got the plastic door sill pieces and carpet seam cover. Otherwise, the pickings were slim. GMT 800s now surpass GMT 400s in the yard and what's there was complete trash.

I have the large side of the 2nd row seat to install, then the cups for the 3rd rod seat and it's done this morning.

Finished the rest of the carpet install. I washed the carpet over the folding floor panels in simple green and that seemed to clean them up. Now I need to use a carpet extractor on the back of the 2nd row seats. Lot of little screws parts and crap makes this job a PITA. Probably the first and last time for this truck.5615256153

ran the wires for the powered sub (300w). ordered the 'no frills' bluetooth head unit. will be in fri so will have non-headphone music for the first time in over 2 years.
changed the oil yesterday and gp's last weekend.
corrected the wiring for the LED headlights. had only 1 side high beam and it was annoying. coated them with McGuire headlight coating about 3 weeks ago.
plan on installing the oem tank and use the bed tank as a siphon unit. soon.

front pieces are solid bar, 1 1/2. sides are solid 1 1/4. center 'vents' are from rad brackets from a locomotive. all the materials were recycled before they went into the scrap bin.
it's a work in progress and has gone through several changes in the last year or so. it's extremely heavy to mount myself so i added a pipe to fit into the floor jack to maneuver.
the welds aren't final and will be redone.

Hey, if it keeps a javelin or a really large armadillo :)joyful:) from wiping out your radiator/engine, then it serves its purpose! Function over form! Seriously, though, kudos for recycling and repurposing "scrap" for a new and functional life.

I finally joined the 300,000 mile club. I knew that I would hit the 300,000 mile mark while on my way home hauling the tractor to my house. I was paying attention to the gauges and everything else and forgot to look and get a picture until I went past the mark :banghead: :bigtears: 🤬

C4576A32-C373-4231-A962-18B16E69859E.jpeg

Back