• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

:p going completely off the rails of the thread now.

Door spring compressor I was referencing that gets rented with Beer.

31g2GREA1dL.jpg
I bought one of these from LMC.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i replaced the primered hood for a painted black one. looks way batter and even matches the patina of the truck. i would like to swap hinges this weekend if time permits.
i will be picking up my 96. it's been sitting at Wes's for a few years now. he couldn't find the time to work on it so i will and get it sold. can use the extra money about now...............
from this:

to this:

Looks good.

A friend just had his square body hood painted... $750. 10-12 years ago I was hearing prices to paint my hummer of $3,500. I thought cant afford it now, but maybe close to 2016 or so... now I hear $7,000-$10,000! What the????? Back in my day...

I always have been a diy guy- but I promise you- you have never met a worse painter than me. I really wish I could bolt in a paint job like you just got away with.

How is the rest of the truck? Now that the front is shiny, we could use some 3/4 front shots!

thanks guys. 3/4 shots after i get the tires figured out. taking off the 19.5's and going back to 16's. can't afford new so getting used. have the rims, 2 tires and hubcaps.
in talks with a 6.5 owner in Australia. he's selling these:

i replaced the primered hood for a painted black one. looks way batter and even matches the patina of the truck. i would like to swap hinges this weekend if time permits.
i will be picking up my 96. it's been sitting at Wes's for a few years now. he couldn't find the time to work on it so i will and get it sold. can use the extra money about now...............
from this:

to this:

That looks nice. I need to do this. How hard is it to spray? Did you do a clear coat over it?

bought it just as it sits. removed from a 99 suburban. had the guy help with removal and replacing them. old one wend in the bed and is listed on craigs.
today i brought the 96 home. need to get it running and sold. might be a long road. this thing was once a nice looking and well running truck. ashamed of how it looks now and of course it's not running.

headlights are paid for and are on the boat from Australia. should be here in 2 weeks. from what's been determined, i am the first one in the states that will have a set on their truck.

Say there, what is that timken part number if ya don't mind- save me the quest for it. Need to get one on the shelf next to my FD balancer, Leroy timing gears, and Leroy lower pulley.

I figure if I keep adding parts to the shelf that is progress until I can fit my rig in under the garage door.

aired the tires on the 96, blew out the mouse poop from the valley, cut some unnecessary wires from the bay and located a couple that were chewed.
need to diagnose and get running.

tomorrow after work i'm getting a plastic bed mount tool box. will cut a hole one one side, place it over the fuel tank so it will be hidden. 40.00 so i can't lose.

Back