• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Injector tester arrived this evening.
One tube seems to fit injectors for the 6.5.
I would like to bend the tube upwards, then down the injector would be pointing straight down. Then it would be handy to set inside of some kind of a see through container.
I do have a quite a nice tubing bender set so there should be no problem about kinking a tube.
What You all think ?
IMG_5812.jpeg

That I shall do, right after, this weeks episode of, GOLD RUSH is finished. 😹😹😹
It is on a commercial break right now so I’m letting the DVR on this dish thing record some more of the program, then Incan skip forwards and avoid the commercials. 🤓😹
On Dish, it is called a Hopper, after I record a half an hour or so then I have a half an hours worth of hopper time where I can hop hop hop hopper right over them commercials. 😹😹😹

Just don’t kink it.
Maybe practicing on a non- use line?

Big pickle jar works good for fuel catcher.
Thats my biggest fear.
Going to not bend it yet.
I’ll finish setting up the tester then give it a try as is. Make sure it functions first.
Then try bending the tube that dont fit the injector, see how that goes before damaging this tube.

@MrMarty51 I'll have to get you to post the link where you got yours, I was reading some of the comments on one of them listed on amazon and some folks are reporting that part of the pump is made of plastic!

oh and also folks are saying to flush is well with diesel because the inside of the pump is dirty. I would do that before trying to connect an injector so you don't get anything in it.

@MrMarty51 I'll have to get you to post the link where you got yours, I was reading some of the comments on one of them listed on amazon and some folks are reporting that part of the pump is made of plastic!

oh and also folks are saying to flush is well with diesel because the inside of the pump is dirty. I would do that before trying to connect an injector so you don't get anything in it.
After pouring fuel into the container, I then went looking to see if there is any instructions inline. Nope, could not find some. I did find the feedback.
Yup, pulled the handle and set the critter in one of the squarish mineral spirit cans made into a wash pan. Going to let it set in there over night, tomorrow dismantle the thing and make it right and thoroughly flush it with detergent and hot water and scrub and bore brushes to help pull any metalic or whatever particulates from the metallic components.
I also read someplace to use diesel mixed with ATF. Why that combo IDK. Oh wait, that was in that Mercedes injector tester website.

After pouring fuel into the container, I then went looking to see if there is any instructions inline. Nope, could not find some. I did find the feedback.
Yup, pulled the handle and set the critter in one of the squarish mineral spirit cans made into a wash pan. Going to let it set in there over night, tomorrow dismantle the thing and make it right and thoroughly flush it with detergent and hot water and scrub and bore brushes to help pull any metalic or whatever particulates from the metallic components.
I also read someplace to use diesel mixed with ATF. Why that combo IDK. Oh wait, that was in that Mercedes injector tester website.
I missed the part about mixing with atf. but then again I think Will was saying something about the viscosity of diesel nowadays is nothing compared to what it used to be. that might by why they say to mix. also might be to help the pump build better pressure and not leak internally past the seals. not sure what results that will yield with the injector spray pattern when we only have diesel in the IP.

not sure I would use any water or detergent but diesel by it's self is a good cleaning agent to desolve stuff. I have used diesel with a parts cleaning brush many times for random parts cleaning over the years. especially when gas or other chemicals would dry out seals.

Something you might do when you put the tester away when not using too is pouring in some atf or jack oil and flush out all the diesel in the pump so there is noting in there that could damage it over time. diesel sitting in it for a long while would do the same to it as it would an IP with old diesel sitting on the shelf.

Here is the link. The only thing that was in the box was the pump, the two pressure/tester tubes/lines, the jack handle and retainer pivot pin and two orings.
It shows a yellowish looking seal, a flat washer kind of a gasket and an instruction sheet. Those items were not included.

I missed the part about mixing with atf. but then again I think Will was saying something about the viscosity of diesel nowadays is nothing compared to what it used to be. that might by why they say to mix. also might be to help the pump build better pressure and not leak internally past the seals. not sure what results that will yield with the injector spray pattern when we only have diesel in the IP.

not sure I would use any water or detergent but diesel by it's self is a good cleaning agent to desolve stuff. I have used diesel with a parts cleaning brush many times for random parts cleaning over the years. especially when gas or other chemicals would dry out seals.
Oh yeah. When I use detergent and hot water, that unit will be totally apart, no two pieces still assembled, and, only W&D on the aluminum and metal components. Then a thorough blow gun dry and a shot of B&P cleaner to insure it all is dry then another blow gun blast out.
Detergent and hot water is the only thing that will pull grindings out of metallic components after machining, boring or grinding on them.

Here is the link. The only thing that was in the box was the pump, the two pressure/tester tubes/lines, the jack handle and retainer pivot pin and two orings.
It shows a yellowish looking seal, a flat washer kind of a gasket and an instruction sheet. Those items were not included.
Link didn't come through. I think the flat washer gasket is for the bowl to seal on the pump where you pour in the diesel or fluid. it might be already afixed to the bottom of the bowl. some of the comments there also mentioned how brittle that bowl is. I wonder if where it attaches to the unit is threaded or the bowl has a metal screw where you could use a metal bean can of some sort as a replacement fill bowl.

Link didn't come through. I think the flat washer gasket is for the bowl to seal on the pump where you pour in the diesel or fluid. it might be already afixed to the bottom of the bowl. some of the comments there also mentioned how brittle that bowl is. I wonder if where it attaches to the unit is threaded or the bowl has a metal screw where you could use a metal bean can of some sort as a replacement fill bowl.
Crap, I forgot to paste in the link.
The fuel canister has a screw holding it secure to the body. I dont think that the canister is threaded where it sets on the body.
It was seeping fuel from around what must be a molded on tube that sets into the body.
I read where someone said they had to pull the canister and sand smooth the tube or the base around the tube to get it to seal.
Also read where the bore for the piston is rough and needs some smoothing up.
I did send a message to the company requesting the instruction manual and the spare seal kit.
And NOW the link. 😹😹😹

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The guy that owns the business selling the parts for the Mercedes cannot legally tell people to mix ATF in with their fuel and then drive it on the streets that way.
Behind the scenes, all of his customers know to add ATF to fuel because of the injection pump and injector need this lubrication since nowhave garbage that we called diesel fuel.

You run the fuel that is identical to what you put in your tank- whatever it is - through the tester. Add 2 stroke if you run 2 stroke. Add atf if you add atf. Add stanadyne if you run stanandyne. You need to see how your actual fuel responds in that injector. Changing the lubricity or viscosity of the fuel and it will change the atomization.

Yes when done- run real 100% oil through the pump so the corn garbage doesn’t eat the seal or leave a residue.

The guy that owns the business selling the parts for the Mercedes cannot legally tell people to mix ATF in with their fuel and then drive it on the streets that way.
Behind the scenes, all of his customers know to add ATF to fuel because of the injection pump and injector need this lubrication since nowhave garbage that we called diesel fuel.

You run the fuel that is identical to what you put in your tank- whatever it is - through the tester. Add 2 stroke if you run 2 stroke. Add atf if you add atf. Add stanadyne if you run stanandyne. You need to see how your actual fuel responds in that injector. Changing the lubricity or viscosity of the fuel and it will change the atomization.

Yes when done- run real 100% oil through the pump so the corn garbage doesn’t eat the seal or leave a residue.
It was just through the pressure tester that he mentioned using the ATF.
I had thought about buying one of the testers from the Mercedes site. I am sure they would be of a greater quality than the india testers.

I let the pressure pump set over night. This morning it is primed and builds pressure.
The canister was still leaking fuel. I left it set in a container so no big mess on the bench.
I knew I was going to need to fix that leak. Removed the screw that I thought was the hold down then gently pried on the container. No give. Pulled the filter and found this feed screw affair with no sealing warsher.
Dug in the folgers jug of sealing warshers and pulled out one of these nylon washers. It fits.
Wanted to put a washer between the tank and the pump too but being the tank is some kind of plastic or poly material, that warsher would need to he a hard unit, like a fiber washer, to keep from busting the tank when it give on a softer washer, so, I’m settling for just the nylon on the inside.
I believe that the small bolt that is screwed into the pump housing has no bearing on holding down any part of the tank. It was put there to plug the bore where they went through to feed fuel to the pump.
The feed and hold down nut with my nylon warsher.
IMG_5814.jpeg

Also, I have yet to figure how to get the pressure to release after an injector has been pumped up.
Backing off or screwing down that big black wheel nut has no bearing on a pressure release system.
I’m thinking I’m going to do what I have to do with this tester then return it and order in one from that Mercedes site.

Back