• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

I didn't know the map sensor can effect turbo spool. My turbo is hit or miss. It can spool up really nice( and sounds really good ) at times. Other times I'm not sure it's even working, can't hear it at all even when pulling and would definitely think I'd hear it. ... Confusing.
I deleted vac pump and built a turbo master. Nothing great but works.
What is it the map sensor does that effects it?

I didn't know the map sensor can effect turbo spool. My turbo is hit or miss. It can spool up really nice( and sounds really good ) at times. Other times I'm not sure it's even working, can't hear it at all even when pulling and would definitely think I'd hear it. ... Confusing.
I deleted vac pump and built a turbo master. Nothing great but works.
What is it the map sensor does that effects it?
before you installed the mechanical turbo control aka turbo master. the MAP and baro sensors work together to tell the PCM what boost pressure is, it then pulses the boost solenoid open and closed to regulate the pressure. if any of the three aren't working properly the PCM will light up the dash light and give you a code when checked with the scanner.

even now with the mechanical turbo control, if it senses an over boost situation and can't lower the pressure. it will de-rate the engine giving you a major power loss (run like 💩 ) till you shut off the key and go again.

there is a modification you can do to prevent this from happening. simply install a resistor inline on the signal wire to the PCM on the MAP sensor making the PCM think it's running at a lower boost pressure. don't quote me on the size resistor but iirc it's a 5k ohm resistor.

Did a little modification to my headache rack and the aluminum diamond plate bed rails. Cleaned up the bed rails and trimmed them to fit and lay over top of the angle iron support for the headache rack. Now just need to replace the lights on it and install some cargo lights.

3DC7AC01-0B78-453A-A8BF-23797048B808.jpegB233B950-D04E-4CDA-A32C-D7923149993D.jpeg6D2D3E53-6930-496A-B00C-F346713C2336.jpeg

Well I think I see a vacuum pump delete happening in the near future, I put a vac gauge on it yesterday and it doesn’t seem to be working at all.
Also fabbed a little bracket for my “turbomaster”. It’s actually just an old boost controlled wastegate actuator from my old turbo on the Dodge. I didn’t hook it up to boost pressure yet so it’s basically just a spring gate running off of drive pressure. It needs some tweaking still but for now it’s working, just have to watch I don’t push it too hard, it hit 15psi before I let off the throttle. Will mess with that some more tonight.

Went to a friends shop today. Going to have Him drill and screw the overhead rifle rack to the ceiling of the back seat area. Turns out it is only single layer back there so never attempt to mount anything to the ceiling. Fortunately we discovered this before drilling holes.
While there I snapped a few pics while He was installing a new cover on the four wheeler seat.
A 1969 pr so GM pickup for a full restoration and some mods.
921C201C-C985-4051-995D-4CF57B5CCC65.jpeg
And the interior.
416DE792-5FBB-4936-B438-7C2A7D38D589.jpeg

Years ago I belonged to the Custer County Rural Volunteer Fire Company. I was issued a plate that mounts over the top of a front license plate of a vehicle. I have had this plate hanging around in the garage for years, and, Buddy is still active so I knew He would like that plate so I handed it off to Him, He said He has a perfect place for it.
43DCC6C2-0B5B-4A8C-BBCF-8B160CB35D02.jpeg

Back