• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Yesterday I planned to redo the wiring for my light bar on the roof (had it plugged in to run off my DS high beam plug temporarily) as it is that time of year again when most of my back-road commute happens in the dark.

Well, one thing led to another and I ended up pulling the grille off and part of the dash out and gutted a bunch of random wiring under the dash (brake controller and remote start thingy that weren’t working), redid the wiring to my PIAA round LED lights on the bumper (also found out why one of them was flickering, took it all apart and found a loose wire) replaced one of my Positive battery cables, and ran a 3 wire cable along the drivers side floor up the side in the corner of the cab and out through the 3rd brake light (for the light bar), also broke some more interior clips while I was at it, sheesh...

All in all it was a good day, didn’t get my light bar hooked back up but I did get a lot of other things done lol. Oh and I got my high beams working again, now that I have a DS headlight that ISN’T all broken, I think I might look for some LED bulbs for the high beams. And yes, I have an obsession with being able to see in the dark, but I haven’t hit any more deer since I added the light bar and PIAA lights, so I think it is justified.
So far I have only hit 4 deer with this truck, and I would like to keep that number as low as possible haha.

Was ready to replace the LCAs with the forged units, truck on stands, wheels off, laying on the ground inspecting what all had to come off. Then I started getting bit by bugs and I lost all motivation to do the job. I did replace the cracked and leaking clear return line earlier. I’ll just have to settle for this sound/view of an nice running 6.5 rescued from the grave:

haha. tiz the season for bugs lol the mosquitos have been bad here recently. repellent is a must just to go out to get the mail lol.

@J_dude the LED replacement bulbs made a world of difference on my truck. when I first got the truck and drove out in the night, I started having issues where the breaker would trip in the fuse box. headlights would go out for a few minutes. Glad it was a breaker and not a fuse at that moment lol. not sure what was causing that issue, but I ordered a set of low and ho beam bulbs off amazon and never looked back.

Here is the ones I installed, got the 9005 and 9006 back in March of 2020. paid around $60 for both sets. then here recently I did the dual high beam mod were when the hi's are on, both low and hi are working. this made a huge difference on top of using LED's :)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Was ready to replace the LCAs with the forged units, truck on stands, wheels off, laying on the ground inspecting what all had to come off. Then I started getting bit by bugs and I lost all motivation to do the job. I did replace the cracked and leaking clear return line earlier. I’ll just have to settle for this sound/view of an nice running 6.5 rescued from the grave:

that truck sounds goood! lol nice front bumper too

This is the crossover on the ‘94 Suburban…View attachment 76848
same crossover on mine.

that air box, iirc I think you mentioned it before. can you refresh my memory on how it was put together and what filter it uses? was any of it factory other than the tube from the turbo? I still want to but never have done anything on mine. I would like to build a box for mine that would use a round style filter.

same crossover on mine.

that air box, iirc I think you mentioned it before. can you refresh my memory on how it was put together and what filter it uses? was any of it factory other than the tube from the turbo? I still want to but never have done anything on mine. I would like to build a box for mine that would use a round style filter.
My son bought that box from Heath. It uses an round filter. The lid on it was held in place by pins and magnets, but it slides off all the time. I have a K-47 on my ‘99.

if I could find a k47 to install that would be even better!

If you don't mind a repaired one, I can get you one. It melted and lost a section about 2" wide by 1" tall near the turbo. I repaired it with a sheet of plastic held in place by sheet metal screws plus 5200 adhesive. It's on my '99 in Montana, but I have another that will go on that.

If you don't mind a repaired one, I can get you one. It melted and lost a section about 2" wide by 1" tall near the turbo. I repaired it with a sheet of plastic held in place by sheet metal screws plus 5200 adhesive. It's on my '99 in Montana, but I have another that will go on that.
I am interested! my current one (uses the pannel style filter) is slightly deformed where it clamps the two halves together. I think it's leaking air in there, plus it's a real PIA to pull the filter out. I have to dismantle the whole box and remove from the truck in order to get to the filter. the rubber tube is old and hard where it should be softer and more pliable. the 6.2 engine I got came with the rubber tube but has one of those round spectre filters on it. the truck it came out of just had it under the hood like that.

I am interested! my current one (uses the pannel style filter) is slightly deformed where it clamps the two halves together. I think it's leaking air in there, plus it's a real PIA to pull the filter out. I have to dismantle the whole box and remove from the truck in order to get to the filter. the rubber tube is old and hard where it should be softer and more pliable. the 6.2 engine I got came with the rubber tube but has one of those round spectre filters on it. the truck it came out of just had it under the hood like that.

I will next be up there Mid-October, but I am flying to Salt Lake where I meet up with my wife who will drive down from Montana. There in Salt Lake for my foot surgery plus USC @ Utah football game. I am flying Southwest, so I can check a bag with the other K-47 in it along with some clothes.

Back