• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vegetable Gardens

Diesel 17 hp 4vd, 6 gears forward and 2 reverse, 3 speeds on the power take-off shaft for attachments, forced locking of the rear differential. separate brake on the left right wheel. The set includes a 1.7 meter wide rotator, automatic angle and depth control, and a front blade.
IMG-20230505-WA0002.jpg

Diesel 17 hp 4vd, 6 gears forward and 2 reverse, 3 speeds on the power take-off shaft for attachments, forced locking of the rear differential. separate brake on the left right wheel. The set includes a 1.7 meter wide rotator, automatic angle and depth control, and a front blade.
View attachment 81688
I like those tall narrow tires. Should get some mighty good traction with those.

That's the best way to teach them, flat ground operation first, no steep ground for a while. Many a good men have lost their lives turning tractors over on the steep mountain land around here and other places.
Sad but true.
Have His mom watching Him on a hill side. Women know how to scream out NOOOOOOO when a child is about to endanger themselves.
Several times of those NOOOOOOOO statements and it then will be engrained in his mind about, do not turn on hillsides. 🤷‍♂️

Everybody I know was on a tractor at age 5 - 10
I have no problem with that. But putting a simple hoop cage on a tractor (or in my case backhoe) is proven to keep people alive and doesn’t cost a ton.

Putting people in harms way when not required is not smart. Doing it to a kid is stupid.

By time I was 10, I rode on the bed of a flat bed truck that was pre running the mint 400 just tied on by a rope with my cousin. Yeah it was fun, but it was stupid as hell.

I believe in teaching kids to shoot, and doing it young. But that idiot who had his 9 year old daughter run that full auto uzi and kill the dumbest of the bunch- the firearms instructor- just stupid. Instructor got what he deserved, but that poor girl will be a mental wreck over it and will breed a horde of people to become anti gun.

Denata was starting his boy out fine- flat ground and keeping it slow. But I hope he applies some of the obvious intelligence he has and puts a ROPS on the tractor before sending his kid out to seriously work it.

I have no problem with that. But putting a simple hoop cage on a tractor (or in my case backhoe) is proven to keep people alive and doesn’t cost a ton.

Putting people in harms way when not required is not smart. Doing it to a kid is stupid.

By time I was 10, I rode on the bed of a flat bed truck that was pre running the mint 400 just tied on by a rope with my cousin. Yeah it was fun, but it was stupid as hell.

I believe in teaching kids to shoot, and doing it young. But that idiot who had his 9 year old daughter run that full auto uzi and kill the dumbest of the bunch- the firearms instructor- just stupid. Instructor got what he deserved, but that poor girl will be a mental wreck over it and will breed a horde of people to become anti gun.

Denata was starting his boy out fine- flat ground and keeping it slow. But I hope he applies some of the obvious intelligence he has and puts a ROPS on the tractor before sending his kid out to seriously work it.
There wasn't much for rops when I was a kid.
Kids were working then.

ROPS works if used correctly and the operator of the tractor has to have a seat belt on and be able to stay on the tractor when it turns over. My brother in law turned a Kubota tractor over about 4 or 5 years ago, he’s still alive and with us today. Tractor flipped over on its side, the bucket and bush hog helped catch it along with the ROPS. Very little damage to the tractor, it’s still running like a top today.

There wasn't much for rops when I was a kid.
Kids were working then.
Yeah, and the amount of kids that died working at home has went to nothing. (Because they don’t work now! Haha). No, but seriously- I am willing to bet that if you looked to 1,000 families that did what we used to deal with at least one kid was seriously injured and another died doing something that we all saw as normal but risky work.

I’m not saying having the kids work is wrong- just the opposite. But teaching your kid that certain jobs are not worth the risk taken means when they are 24 years old they have the lesson learned to tell the boss- “no, that needs alteration because it is too dangerous.” And is willing to quit rather than become seriously hurt or die on the job.

My nephew was a tower climber, most the time using articulated lifts doing cell phone towers. The company he was working for had him and other guys working in high winds, using total crap equipment, etc. He was sheepish but finally asked me whats “too much”. On my advice he turned them in and quit within a week. The week after that a boss and worker died. Along with teaching them to be earn a living, ya need to teach them to live.

I'd like to point out a couple small details. 1) the tractor pictured isn't much bigger than a lawn and garden variety tractor. I was driving grandpas dual wheel International when I was 7 pulling hay wagons up the hills out of the fields.. I was drinking bigger equipment when I was 10-12 than a lot of grown men have ever drove.. some had cabs on them yes but let's be real those cabs don't hold up good in a roll over.
Not taking away from safety, always better safe than sorry when possible.
2) denatas son in the pic doesn't look to me like he's a kid.. looks more like a teenager. But I could be wrong

Back